Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i have started my little project fo customizing the rear of my jeep to house the new bottles and upgraded subwoofer and a few othjer things. i tried to draw up a scematic just to give you an idea of what i will be doing. what do you guys think??

temporarily bugied the sub for now

my plan:

that will be the new location of the subwoofer. centered!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Fast and Furious!!!

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naaah! It's gonna be nice. Clean looking. Nothing crazy.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
two nos tanks huh? thats pretty boss. like said above, the box required for the w7s are fraking huge. these cargo areas are pretty small too. id think a custom side mounted woofer and a single maybe larger tank for nos would be a cleaner look or just do what vin diesel does and put a few single gallon tanks under the seats for a cleaner sleeper-type look.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn the w7's are that big? Any one with pics with the box??

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
harrison has...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-member-build-logs/50763-my-grand-cherokee-srt8.html

the box is really wide. not at all like the kicker...no chance of being able to fit to large nos tanks that way without being up against the edge of the cargo floor especially being 6" out from the seat back. plus your amps on the floor. itll look cluttered IMO bro. id run a 10w7 MAYBE and a smaller amp on a custom built FG side box up against the panel to still have room. not to mention itll be a step backwards for you when you want to race paulo because of the 150+ pounds of MDF/sub/amp/wiring youll be adding...sure you want to loose that .1 or so? lol

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
The W7 has very large displacement and a huge mounting depth AND requires several inches of clearance between the magnet and the bottom of the enclosure.

I had my 10W7 hooked to an Alpine PDX-600 600x1, absolutely blew my mind at how good the sound was.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
I'm tired of my 12W7. I've had it out of my truck for months now just sitting in the garage.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i deff don twant a giant box in the back. if its a little bigger then the kicker one we have fine. what about making a box tha just fits the sub? will it not sound right?? i have to look or call jl and see what option i have..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
wont sound right .. you need to correct air displacement depending on sub model for optimum sound.

it'l work .... just not very well :p

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
wont sound right .. you need to correct air displacement depending on sub model for optimum sound.

it'l work .... just not very well :p
I agree, at that point, get a small sub for a smaller enclosure and it will sound better than a bigger sub in a baby box.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
what if you flipped the sub around to have the magnet showing like you see in show cars. looks nicer and wont need the depth (would it?).

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm tired of my 12W7. I've had it out of my truck for months now just sitting in the garage.

ill take it off of your hands!!! open up some space in your garage lol

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what if you flipped the sub around to have the magnet showing like you see in show cars. looks nicer and wont need the depth (would it?).
I can do that. I have to look at some kicker subs. I'm not taking up all that room and weight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts