Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 Cherokee SRT8 in July, August 14th a complete moron jumped the curb and hit it when it was sitting in my driveway. I just got it back the end of October. A week after I got it back I was coming back from helping my brother out and it was pouring rain. I was forced into a puddle and I went maybe ten yards and the engine quit. I pressed the info button and it said 0psi for the oil. I checked the oil at the dipstick and it was reading that was safe. The engine would not even turn over so I had it towed home. Buddy came out and plugged his diagnostic tool in and it said that the intake filter was clogged and we changed it. When we started it again it said 0psi and there's oil in the engine going by what the dipstick said. But the engine sounded like it's not getting any oil pressure to the engine. So we figured oil pressure sensor, oil pump, or water got in it from the puddle? Any help would be appreciated, If I have to pay for it for 5 years and the engine is toast I'm not long for this world. P.S. don't buy one of your favorite cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts