Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2012 Jeep SRT8 on Dec. 5th. I called the dealership where I purchased vehicle yesterday to look into prices for extended warranties, preferrably 7year/70,000 mile max care warranty. The receptionist put me on the phone with a service advisor and he quoted me a ridiculous price of 3400. I then called another dealership and spoke with a guy from the finance dept. and was quoted a price for 2400 for the same warranty. I then called back the original dealership where I purchased the truck and spoke with the finance guy there and was quoted a price of 2200 and he said he may be able to do better, afterwards I called back and spoke to service advisor and told him 2 people quoted me much less and 1 of those people where at your dealership, he said "I don't know how they're giving you that price, it's below cost, go with them then" Do the service advisors get commission? I think that was dbag move on his part.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Yes they do , $2200 sounds right , I extended mine to 2 more years unlimited miles :) for $1800 New car Max care . If you ready to pull the trigger I can hook you up with who to call .

Reactions: *SLICKSRT8*

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Yes classic dealer behavior I get pissed just going to dealer. Your warranty is 5years/100,000 miles already so I guess your interested in years?

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Alright, I have been down this road and I agree with you...They are crooks! What they do is they quote you a cheap price on the phone to get you to come down to the dealership. Then they will not honor the price or say it is below cost when you get there in hopes of you paying the higher price...It is one of the oldest tricks in the book! What you need to do is to get them to fax you a quote in writing with their full name and signature on it so that way you have proof of their quote! I would hate for you to waste your time and go down to the dealership and them play the bait and switch game with you...How do I know...I actually worked at a dealership for a very short time and know all their tricks ;)

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Yes classic dealer behavior I get pissed just going to dealer. Your warranty is 5years/100,000 miles already so I guess your interested in years?
It comes new with
3/36,000 manufactures (bumper-bumper)
5/100,000 power train
8/80,000 emissions

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: Brooksie

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they do , $2200 sounds right , I extended mine to 2 more years unlimited miles :) for $1800 New car Max care . If you ready to pull the trigger I can hook you up with who to call .
Yeah, I just want to make sure I'm covered down the line.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Baxter quoted me 1800 for the star and I think 1600 for no namer.Its takes the 36k to 100k miles full wammy.If you have a problem after 36k without. It's all limited after that and they will pick and choose whats covered.Been there done that .I'm not a big warranty type but on my daily its important to have that coverage.So if it's your daily or your running over 12-15k miles in a year do it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baxter quoted me 1800 for the star and I think 1600 for no namer.Its takes the 36k to 100k miles full wammy.If you have a problem after 36k without. It's all limited after that and they will pick and choose whats covered.Been there done that .I'm not a big warranty type but on my daily its important to have that coverage.So if it's your daily or your running over 12-15k miles in a year do it.
Its not my daily but for only $1600 I would get it just for the peace of mind, 3 years will come quick! Do you get from baxter?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.