Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, i am going to be installing my cam and underdrive pulley at the same time. I understand to use a new cam bolt and crank bolt. My only problem right now is the fact that there are multiple part #s showing up for the 6.1L for both bolts...Does anyone know the correct numbers... thanks

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cam bolt: 6507480AA

Crank bolt: 6506340AA
thank man...i appreciate it...and i guess who knows better than the person i am getting the UDP from lol...

· Registered
2,703 Posts
when you gona do the install... ill try to swing by

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm not 100% sure yet, was gonna be this weekend, but my brother is finishing up some neon engine work, followed by a Camry and a few other customers prepping for this winter that has yet to arrive lol...

possibly next weekend he said, I'll let you know.

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well yeah they said its best to get new bolts because they have to be torqued, ...and the avatar, i know right, pshh should see my phone, my friend is in the same pose...gotta love models..lol

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
didnt think they were NECESSARY. but i guess if you're gonna be in there may as well change em. And Navajo.... i could stare at your avatar all day..... DAMN.... lol

I'm pretty sure they are necessary. Isn't the crank bolt a torque to yeild bolt? Meaning once you torque it down, it stretches and can never acheive the original torque spec again. If not, I got a used crank bolt for sale.... :p

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i second that! why not pay $8-10 for a sure guarantee lol although i paid $5 from Some dealership...HHP is around the freaking corner from my brother's shop and their delivery cost was $21 lol...for 2 bolts...ridiculousness

· Registered
2,703 Posts
you could of just picked it up from their shop (HHP). you must replaced the cam and crank bolt once removed. you are correct it is torque to yield

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i live in newark and work mon-sat 10-9....with classes in between, they only open from 9-6pm mon-fri...every other time i went there on my lunch or 15 min break because i could walk there from my job lol..

· Registered
2,703 Posts
josh is there almost every day of the week. ive been there at 9pm to pick up parts and even 8pm on a sunday night to pick up a part that broke while doing a cam install on my jeep. if you need any help or you get stuck or have a question dont be afraid to give me a shout. ive done half a dozen installs on these motors.

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool will do, i was just going by there signs and stuff lol..next time ill know lol..

· Registered
5,046 Posts
What do I do if a dealership replaced my cam shaft but didn’t use a new TTY crank shaft bolt?
How do you know they didn't use a new crank bolt? I don't think the crank bolt was TTY as I've heard of people reusing them with no issues, but for the 5 bucks, I always used new ones. In your case, I would talk to the dealer, they did the work and are responsible for it.

· Registered
4 Posts
How do you know they didn't use a new crank bolt? I don't think the crank bolt was TTY as I've heard of people reusing them with no issues, but for the 5 bucks, I always used new ones. In your case, I would talk to the dealer, they did the work and are responsible for it.
Everything that I read about a crank bolt says they are stretch one time use bolts but anything I read about that part number doesn’t just jump out and say TTY. The dodge dealership that is working on it now said it was the same bolt and was put back in with no lock tight that’s what allowed it to back out. Original OR doesn’t have a new bolt listed. Previous Dodge shop says the protocol at the time was not to replace the bolt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.