Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a couple months back i got into my car like i would any other day and POP! the dark gray plastic that holds the plate for the power seat cracking...it cracked inside because its only supported by one stupid plastic retainer.

with that cracked, my left bolster has no support and has almost completely flattened and im assuming with the stress its caused from stretching or moving too much, i found my first crack in the "leather". didnt go through the fabric so they cant say it was keys or something like that. its clearly a crack in the pleather.

i know theres threads on cracked leather but do you think thatd be something they replace the lower seat cushion?

also, the cracked base?

two big things pissing me off big time in the car i have to sit on every day and look at when i get in it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Welcome to the Jeep Seat Breakers Association... JSBA for short. The same thing happened on my 1991 Cherokee. Cracked power seat swich covers, cracked seat frame...

It appears that particular design engineer has made it several decades of layoffs...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
ive had the drivers seat replaced under warranty twice

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I had my seat replaced under warranty with no problemo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
With seat covers i know you will need to let the dealer take pics, and submit them to digital imaging, for prior approval. But as long as it is not physical damage they will warranty just about anything!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with the suade on the seats? I have a 2010 and the drivers seat suade is wearing horribly. The passenger seat and back seats are fine. It looks almost white. Would this be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats that? they paid for custom upholstery instead of replacement?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
No problems with the suede. Had the bolster's re-done in a much higher density foam so there is less compaction. Had the bolsters re-wrapped at the same custom leather shop with a MUCH thicker kind of leather. All done on warranty.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn i wish i had some info on that to arm myself with at the dealer. i guess its cheaper, up there at least, to redo the existing piece than to replace.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They did...first off it wasn't easy,they were like no thats normal,so on and so..got a hold of a good lady at Chrysler and she worked with me,she said what do you want to do,I said I want this seat replaced,and I know the passanger seat won't match so you better do that one,I went to my local shop"he is $" but A-1 job,,he talked to this lady,he did my seats..We switched things up a bit and used top grain leather.. and they cut him a check...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts