Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Corvette LS3 to Jeep SRT8

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jkalbin 
A few things:

Make sure they changed the t-case fluid at least once since new (most would recommend 10k miles for the first change and every 20k after that for normal use)
Check the front tires for separation on the inside edge
Make them let you take it up to 75 mph to check for the 70 mph vibration

As far as checking for prior tuning, I don't think Chrysler PCM's keep a log of how many times it was re-flashed... I'm sure someone who knows more may chime in.

If it doesn't have a catch can yet, I would highly recommend getting one if you do buy it.

The link isn't working for me for some reason, but I will assume you'll do the standard visual inspection (paint, wheels, brakes, etc...).

You can find some more good info about maintenance and specs here: http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8.htm

Hope this helps and good luck with your purchase! :cool:

Reactions: Xtreme3881
Nevermind, the link is working, it was me that wasn't :p

That looks like a nice clean SRT8 to me, no catch can yet or CAI... either the previous owner kept it stock or switched it back before taking it to the dealer. My guess would be that it hasn't been tuned before.

And an afterthought, while you are at the dealer you should have them activate the "mirror down in reverse" feature if they have a Starscan tool ;)

JKBalkin pretty much listed everything I can think of. Oh, definitely check under the front fascia to see how scraped up it is, a lot of times ppl don't realize how low it is and scrape it on curbs etc. Otherwise, welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase.
lol... new twist on my screen-name... :D

I think I should take it one step further and make it "JKBallin" :D

Reactions: jps043
@jkalbin Thanks so much for that info! OK, questions.

1. What are the common reasons for vibration if it does happen?
2. This is the dealers website www.weilcadillac.com They only have one Jeep if you want to look.
3. Any recommendations on the catch can?

Thanks again for the detailed post! Really helpful!
Common reasons for the vibration I've seen from trolling the forum for a few years :D

-Lower a-arm bushings are shot (this seems to be the main culprit)
-Front tires are too worn

Catch can, I would recommend Billet Technology. They are a vendor on here and their quality is worth every penny ;)
I would check inside the intake manifold for a bit of oil buildup. It shouldn't be too hard to clean out and will help your engine last longer after you get that catch can ;)

Might want to check the plugs while its at the dealer, there are 16 of them :D

Reactions: Xtreme3881
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.