Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time deciding on what system to go with, Corsa Xtreme or Corsa Sport. I will not be installing any long tube headers. When watching videos, it sounds like the Sport is a little quiet but I know the sound in person would probably shut me up. What are your thoughts. Keep in mind, everything else will be stock.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear with headers and Corsa Xtreme, it’s super obnoxious. I ended up going with the Xtreme and BWoody intake.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go Xtreme you’ll change your mind about headers
I have heard heard, headers paired with the Corsa Xtreme is obnoxiously loud. I ended up going with the Xtreme so we will see. I haven’t heard it in person yet so it’s gonna be a awesome surprise.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I had the Corsa Sport for 8yrs on mine. My Baby got smashed in the rear end and Got it replaced with the Corsa Extreme Def worth.

BTW Wish i seen this thread earlier if you use Coupon Code TOMBS25 it would of taken 25% off ...

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the Corsa Sport for 8yrs on mine. My Baby got smashed in the rear end and Got it replaced with the Corsa Extreme Def worth.

BTW Wish i seen this thread earlier if you use Coupon Code TOMBS25 it would of taken 25% off ...
Maaaan, really! I just purchased it a few days ago. Just waiting on the ECU to be unlocked, parts installed, then tuned and will be ready to go on the 14th.

Is it so load that it disturbs and pissed of the neighbors when driving slow?

Send me a video. Are you on IG? Follow me RollerCoastinSRT.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Maaaan, really! I just purchased it a few days ago. Just waiting on the ECU to be unlocked, parts installed, then tuned and will be ready to go on the 14th.

Is it so load that it disturbs and pissed of the neighbors when driving slow?

Send me a video. Are you on IG? Follow me RollerCoastinSRT.
Driving slow it's nearly identical to the Sport.

Here is the Corsa Extreme Just taken few mins ago

And here is the Corsa Sport from about 6ish yrs ago

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driving slow it's nearly identical to the Sport.

Here is the Corsa Extreme Just taken few mins ago

And here is the Corsa Sport from about 6ish yrs ago
Hell yea, exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. That sounds so badass. Send me a DM on IG. Do you have any other mods done?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Hell yea, exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. That sounds so badass. Send me a DM on IG. Do you have any other mods done?
No problem there isn't exactly very many vids of the corsa's some reason I do not have any social medias profiles. She is bone stock besides the corsa as i luckly have lifetime maxcare i try to keep them from Denying me on warranty repairs I got 140k on her.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem there isn't exactly very many vids of the corsa's some reason I do not have any social medias profiles. She is bone stock besides the corsa as i luckly have lifetime maxcare i try to keep them from Denying me on warranty repairs I got 140k on her.
What is lifetime max care?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
What is lifetime max care?
it's a Factory Backed Warranty extension basically they no longer offer lifetime But now offer a 8yr 125k warranty.

Basically Maxcare covers damn near everything I simply pay my $100 deductible. Example my Radiator/Transcooler was leaking They replaced it all for $100 my cost without maxcare would of been $1800. There's plenty of threads on it. But only look for Mopar Maxcare. can be purchased online and good at any dealer. But Typically only can purchase maxcare if your ride is less than 4yrs and 48k and Price goes up pretty quick the older/miles are.. Save $$ on Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty Plan! This is where i got mine and they even offer a 12 month no interest financing.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's a Factory Backed Warranty extension basically they no longer offer lifetime But now offer a 8yr 125k warranty.

Basically Maxcare covers damn near everything I simply pay my $100 deductible. Example my Radiator/Transcooler was leaking They replaced it all for $100 my cost without maxcare would of been $1800. There's plenty of threads on it. But only look for Mopar Maxcare. can be purchased online and good at any dealer. But Typically only can purchase maxcare if your ride is less than 4yrs and 48k and Price goes up pretty quick the older/miles are.. Save $$ on Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty Plan! This is where i got mine and they even offer a 12 month no interest financing.
I see, thanks for that. Do the repair bills add up after, let’s say 50K miles, even if it’s not being driven hard.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I see, thanks for that. Do the repair bills add up after, let’s say 50K miles, even if it’s not being driven hard.
what year do you have there was an extended warranty for water pumps they seem to go around the 50-60k mark mines had 2 at 52k and 118k .

But eh I paid $2400 in 2013 for my maxcare warranty and it's paid for it self hand over fist.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what year do you have there was an extended warranty for water pumps they seem to go around the 50-60k mark mines had 2 at 52k and 118k .

But eh I paid $2400 in 2013 for my maxcare warranty and it's paid for it self hand over fist.
Mine is a 2018 GC SRT.

That’s funny, my water pump went out a month ago, 33K miles. Noticed a weird winding sound (the bearing) and caught it before it got worse. Caught it before the check engine light notified me. Did it notify you, curious to know if there are sensors for that?

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine is a 2018 GC SRT.

That’s funny, my water pump went out a month ago, 33K miles. Noticed a weird winding sound (the bearing) and caught it before it got worse. Caught it before the check engine light notified me. Did it notify you, curious to know if there are sensors for that?
My limited warranty covered it, but as you know, that’s about to expire. I’ll look into that maxcare tomorrow for sure. It’s good if you plan on keeping the car for 5 years.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
My limited warranty covered it, but as you know, that’s about to expire. I’ll look into that maxcare tomorrow for sure. It’s good if you plan on keeping the car for 5 years.
2018 your maxcare will be in decent price then, there is no sensor for failing water pump just your over heating or you smell coolant. But look at doing it before the 36k is over that way you don't need an inspection. There are few Coupons to make the warranty cheaper I believe PAYINFULL will get you 365 off or Dpacifica will also get you 365 off.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2018 your maxcare will be in decent price then, there is no sensor for failing water pump just your over heating or you smell coolant. But look at doing it before the 36k is over that way you don't need an inspection. There are few Coupons to make the warranty cheaper I believe PAYINFULL will get you 365 off or Dpacifica will also get you 365 off.
Perfect, I will look into it today. Have a good week!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hey so i have the Corsa Sport and i think it’s Perfect! The Xtreme is too loud for a daily driver! Imo., My Vette is obnoxious so this one i wanted Rumble and head turning sound just not the wrong head turning. Ya know!
As per the Maxxcare it’s Great i had it on my 12 and used it for 4 yrs but ad you say they Cover evrything lemme tell ya that’s not true. Yes i used it many many x’s $100 and walk away happy and it payed for itself BUT....
My Trans blew at 69k miles and the Truck was towed into the dealer and the Pos Coc**ker Trans tech said there was /he saw water in the tranny and said that to Maxxcare So they deny’d!! It took me over 2 mo’s and they even tried making me pay for the loaner @ $80 p day for like 70 days like over 5k Lmao Thankfully the Srt team stepped up after i hounded em and threatened massive legal action every 2 days to explain how water gets ina seals trans.. In end the Srt Team found out that it was a common issue on all wk2’s that turn 5-6+ yrs old where the trans cooler lines Rot out and leak coolant which mixs w trans fluid and compromises the fluid! Long story short the Srt Team Steepped up after i almost beat up the trans service tech and the Serv Mgr and paid the dealer directly 13k+ Dick’s !!! Then -~~>
My Catalytic Convertor went bad at about 77k Smelled like dawgsit inside my Rig like eye watering dawgsit anytime i went more than 45% throttle and they Deny’d cause the @@sshole Tech yet again Said well he has an aft exh.. (Corsa Sport) so just be careful w aft. Stuff depends on dealer of course to!
But ima prolly do Maxxcare again , was gonna do Carsheild since i can go to any mech but the reviews are terr!
Maxxcare Forces you to use the Dealer And in my exp here in SFla they all Suck

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I believe you got told a load of shit on the trans and coolant are completely separate systems on these! the trans cooler is built into the condenser never ever gets close to the coolant.

I have amazing relationship with my Dealer that does make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, that’s nuts. So you think the Xtreme is too load. Post a video of the Xtreme.

That’s crazy with Maxxcare. I ended up signing up with them by the way Josh...so we will see!!!

Hey so i have the Corsa Sport and i think it’s Perfect! The Xtreme is too loud for a daily driver! Imo., My Vette is obnoxious so this one i wanted Rumble and head turning sound just not the wrong head turning. Ya know!
As per the Maxxcare it’s Great i had it on my 12 and used it for 4 yrs but ad you say they Cover evrything lemme tell ya that’s not true. Yes i used it many many x’s $100 and walk away happy and it payed for itself BUT....
My Trans blew at 69k miles and the Truck was towed into the dealer and the Pos Coc**ker Trans tech said there was /he saw water in the tranny and said that to Maxxcare So they deny’d!! It took me over 2 mo’s and they even tried making me pay for the loaner @ $80 p day for like 70 days like over 5k Lmao Thankfully the Srt team stepped up after i hounded em and threatened massive legal action every 2 days to explain how water gets ina seals trans.. In end the Srt Team found out that it was a common issue on all wk2’s that turn 5-6+ yrs old where the trans cooler lines Rot out and leak coolant which mixs w trans fluid and compromises the fluid! Long story short the Srt Team Steepped up after i almost beat up the trans service tech and the Serv Mgr and paid the dealer directly 13k+ Dick’s !!! Then -~~>
My Catalytic Convertor went bad at about 77k Smelled like dawgsit inside my Rig like eye watering dawgsit anytime i went more than 45% throttle and they Deny’d cause the @@sshole Tech yet again Said well he has an aft exh.. (Corsa Sport) so just be careful w aft. Stuff depends on dealer of course to!
But ima prolly do Maxxcare again , was gonna do Carsheild since i can go to any mech but the reviews are terr!
Maxxcare Forces you to use the Dealer And in my exp here in SFla they all Suck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts