Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to copy music and or pictures to their HDD?

I put some files on a thumb drive, plugged it in both the USB on the radio and the one in the center console, but the car doesn't recognize the drive. When I go to pictures or music in the setup menu, the USB option is grayed out. I see the car reading the drive as it flashes red when I plug it in, but it is not being recognized.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to copy music and or pictures to their HDD?

I put some files on a thumb drive, plugged it in both the USB on the radio and the one in the center console, but the car doesn't recognize the drive. When I go to pictures or music in the setup menu, the USB option is grayed out. I see the car reading the drive as it flashes red when I plug it in, but it is not being recognized.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks.
I have not tried any pics only music so far and same thing happened to me, HDD only recognizes mp3 format on a flash drive so you might want to check photo format and play with that and check it again

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Make sure the files are in the root directory on the disc, meaning no folders just the main/first section seen when the disc is opened. I think I saw that in the owners guide. Check it out and look at the radio section. You can download a copy online from Jeep if needed. Not sure if the shortcut version that came in the truck as it or not.

I imported a legit music CD no problems. I've yet to get my thumb drive out to the Jeep yet to play. I want to load an SRT graphic to use as a background.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know about the MP3 format, that's not the issue. I'll double check the pics are on the root with no folders, that might be the issue. I'll let you know if I figure it out. Trying to greet a cool pic for the nav display. I did check the manual but didn't see it, I might check that again too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Make sure the files are in the root directory on the disc, meaning no folders just the main/first section seen when the disc is opened. I think I saw that in the owners guide. Check it out and look at the radio section. You can download a copy online from Jeep if needed. Not sure if the shortcut version that came in the truck as it or not.

I imported a legit music CD no problems. I've yet to get my thumb drive out to the Jeep yet to play. I want to load an SRT graphic to use as a background.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
If anyone has the SRT graphics please do share i mean with the same pixel size :)
I'm not sure of the display size on the wk2, but these work perfect on the wk1. Give em a shot and let us know! :D

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59726

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Pictures are on the root directory, the car still won't even recognize the thumb drive.

Ok, copied the pictures to CD, it worked fine. Those SRT pics are cool. Anyway, USB drive still won't recognize any media I plug into it. It won't recognize my iPhone, iPad or the thumb drive. Something must be up, I can't imagine the car not being able to read an iPod/iPad device.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think these radios might be somewhat problematic. Every couple of days I lose all of my presets on the sat and fm stations. It is also tough to hook up the bluetooth on my blackberry, sometimes hooks and sometimes doesn't. (Could be the blackberry lol)

I was in getting my blurry mirror replaced and TSB for the rear clunkling completed and I mentioned the radio problems to the tech. He said he has seen that a couple of times and it only gets worse. He put on his work order that the radio keeps cutting out, so that I he could order me a new one. Hopefully, that fixes all the problems.

On the other hand, it has recognized my thumb drives (2 different ones) for music. Haven't tried any pics yet.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
It all depends on the current IOS on your Iproducts some versions will not be recognized while others will. If you have latest update on your phone or pod try leaving it plugged in the USB for couple min to give it time to recognize. Google mygig RHR IPod also

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I think these radios might be somewhat problematic. Every couple of days I lose all of my presets on the sat and fm stations. It is also tough to hook up the bluetooth on my blackberry, sometimes hooks and sometimes doesn't. (Could be the blackberry lol)

I was in getting my blurry mirror replaced and TSB for the rear clunkling completed and I mentioned the radio problems to the tech. He said he has seen that a couple of times and it only gets worse. He put on his work order that the radio keeps cutting out, so that I he could order me a new one. Hopefully, that fixes all the problems.

On the other hand, it has recognized my thumb drives (2 different ones) for music. Haven't
tried any pics yet.
Sorry for the off topic post, but can you point me to the rear clunking tsb? I'm getting that too. Thanks!

Re the radio. I'm not getting any of those problems. My presets have been fine. The satellite radio does cut out pretty easily, but it comes right back on.

Edit: Found the clunking rear TSB that has to do with the rear cradle. I'm getting some clunking on downshifts, so not the same thing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have not tried my thumb drives yet, but i remember reading in the manual that they must be formatted in a specific type, not sure if it was NTFS or FAT32.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry for the off topic post, but can you point me to the rear clunking tsb? I'm getting that too. Thanks!

Re the radio. I'm not getting any of those problems. My presets have been fine. The satellite radio does cut out pretty easily, but it comes right back on.

Edit: Found the clunking rear TSB that has to do with the rear cradle. I'm getting some clunking on downshifts, so not the same thing.

Same problem on road humps i think its from the spare tire area since i think its unstable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
well i tried my work USB flash drive and it took time and never recognized it.

although i did what some of the users recommended that i have to put the pictures at the root drive

and i have to wait and so on.

still i dont know what i should do.

never tried the iphone though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not tried my thumb drives yet, but i remember reading in the manual that they must be formatted in a specific type, not sure if it was NTFS or FAT32.
I was reading somewhere on the internet that it had to be FAT32, but it was not for the Cherokee but maybe a Wrangler or something else. Anyway, I made sure my format was FAT32 and it still didn't work.

Here are the SRT pics loaded up.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I was reading somewhere on the internet that it had to be FAT32, but it was not for the Cherokee but maybe a Wrangler or something else. Anyway, I made sure my format was FAT32 and it still didn't work.

Here are the SRT pics loaded up.

Looking good! :D

Did you have to mess with the sizing at all or was it ok the way they were posted?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking good! :D

Did you have to mess with the sizing at all or was it ok the way they were posted?
Don't mess with the sizing at all, just copy them from the other thread as is.

I think they look way cool. I'm currently displaying the 3 color SRT picture.

Reactions: jkalbin
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.