Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i was wondering if anyone here with a new 2012 has experienced a coolant leak?? its very hard to find and there is a star case on this. i dropped the jeep off at the dealer and they have to contact chrysler on how to fix it.

Attachments

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
What made you aware of a coolant leak? Puddle on the ground, low coolant in overflow tank, etc?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a small puddle on the ground and the overfill was kinda low. what happens is it leaks down the firewall behind the heat shield and the puddle ends up next to the drivers side tire.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Gotcha. Well, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on mine. 3,500 miles on the odometer.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1143 on mine. bummer i guess what im worried about is im hoping the dash doesnt have to come out to get to the connections ya know

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Good luck and keep us informed of the problem/solution.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All fixed no big deal really. The windshield wipers had to come off and the cowel. The part in the diagram had to be replaced and it was a revised part number. It came with everything new hoses clamps and all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Give them star case number S1224000002 they will know what to order from that. If you need the part number I can get it since my dad was the tech that worked on it. The part comes revised with the hose clamps permenantly in place where they want them so it doesn't leak again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took my vehicle to the dealer armed with the star number and all the tsb's. They fixed it next day no problem. Since it was already in the shop I had the oil changed to get break-in out, then tire balance and rotation. Everything was covered by warranty and free oil change. I go to pick it up and noticed scratches on my rims, around the lug. They had an apprentice put my tires on and he didn't realize the lug depth. Now they are buying me 3 new rims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.