Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it like the standard swap with the lx's or what? Other than the body kit and the 5.7 engine/tranny, what else needs to be done? does anything needs to be changed besides the engine, tranny, pcm, and wiring??

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Is it like the standard swap with the lx's or what? Other than the body kit and the 5.7 engine/tranny, what else needs to be done? does anything needs to be changed besides the engine, tranny, pcm, and wiring??
Suspension, exhaust, wheels, brakes, transfer case, driveshafts, front diff, radiator and cooling system........shall I continue?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
There is soooo much difference between a 5.7 Jeep and an SRT Jeep, that it would be cheaper to buy an SRT8 than convert a 5.7. Not to mention far less headaches.
You could make your 5.7 LOOK like an SRT8, but it ain't cheap....;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow, never mind then lol. The reason I thought I would ask is because with lx's its a lot easier.

Thank you for the info. I'll stick with buying a srt8 then hehe

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
The LX's aren't AWD.;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to buy a real one :), I am actually going to hopefully build a 9-10 second one! I just asked because my brother offered to give me his 5.7 for free lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get ready to spend your pennies! :)

I know man. After building my 300c srt8 426 NA.... I know how much money I sunk in it. I cringe every time I look at receipts :boohoo: lol. I can only imagine how much it will take to get a jeep in the 9's... probably what I spent on the 300 srt8 + $12K for a nice twin setup :(

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Definitely buy a real one... and if you want 9's... another 30 grand.

Reactions: evonx

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Got any pics of your 300? Sounds pretty sweet.

Yes it will take some change to get the Jeep in the 9s. I might get there one day.:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts