Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Need to change my original tires on my 2018 SRT after 36,000 miles. The originals were the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Run Flats. I don't beat the car or the tires.

I'm looking at potentially switching to another brand tire. Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 Plus.

Does anyone have experience with the Continentals on their SRT? If so, thoughts?

Thank you.

Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve had 2 sets of the DWS 06 on mine and I’ve had it for 5 years. Probably going to need new tires in a few months. Their a good tire, from reading the Plus seems to be a bigger improvement in the snow so I’ll consider getting these next but I have time to think about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had 2 sets of the DWS 06 on mine and I’ve had it for 5 years. Probably going to need new tires in a few months. Their a good tire, from reading the Plus seems to be a bigger improvement in the snow so I’ll consider getting these next but I have time to think about it.
Thank you for responding!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sure thing. I was on tire rack looking at the Plus and for the size I get they are about $200 less than the DWS 06. So I’m hoping they are a good tire!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all -

Need to change my original tires on my 2018 SRT after 36,000 miles. The originals were the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Run Flats. I don't beat the car or the tires.

I'm looking at potentially switching to another brand tire. Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 Plus.

Does anyone have experience with the Continentals on their SRT? If so, thoughts?

Thank you.

Dan
Hi all -

Thank you.

Dan
Had the Pirellis' on my 17 SRT......the worst tires in the history of mankind...just junk. The road noise almost drove you out of the car. Switched to the Continental Extremecontacts DWS . Night and day difference, great tire, great performance and no road noise. There not runflats obviously but who cares, thats why they have AAA. Hope that helps. tires where about $360 @

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all -

Thank you.

Dan
Yes - They are excellent tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve had Extreme Contact Sport+ on my 2017 since February. I like them but sometimes miss the stiffer ride of the Pirelli’s. The Conti’s are better on wet roads. It doesn’t really snow where I live so I can’t speak on icy/snowy surfaces.

I drive very easy, never tracked or launched, and I got maybe 15k on a new set of Pirelli’s which is unacceptable so I switched. I think I paid around $1400 OTD through a local tire shop in town. The tread life warranty is nice but I put maybe 5k a year on my SRT so they’ll die of old age before hitting those miles.

If you decide to go with the Conti’s, the PSI recommendation for our vehicles is 39. I was sure to get that in writing from the manufacturer right after I bought them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all -

Thank you.

Dan
I have a 2012 SRT8 which the original Pirellis RFT innermost tread on the left front delaminated and came off on the highway at speed!. Pretty unnerving. I am now on my 2nd set of Toyo Proxes ST3's in the factory size. They are great all around including snow, and have gotten 40K plus miles out of them. At under $200 each, hard to beat. Only complaint is highway noise after about 25k mi. I was reccomended to try these by a person I met in a parking lot driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all -

Thank you.

Dan
I had no luck with mines… could never get them balance. I change to the Michelin Pilot Sport AS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts