Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
More like a short ram hot air intake lol. But the Dyno says it works? Then again the hoods open :D

I say check the deal section and by a bwoody on sale right now for the first 10 customers, it's a true CAI as well. Around the same price, so it's your choice ;) BTW, I'll be getting my bwoody Friday and installing.

Sent from my iPad 3G

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Was looking at this myself only because I have concerns about water and the bwoody. Torn between the two

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Was looking at this myself only because I have concerns about water and the bwoody. Torn between the two
Oiled filter plus a dry charger = no worries. Just don't drive into deep standing water were the entire filter is submerged and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Oiled filter plus a dry charger = no worries. Just don't drive into deep standing water were the entire filter is submerged and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Living in the south we have heavy downpours and standing water on the road
Enough so I think it could be problematic

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Living in the south we have heavy downpours and standing water on the road
Enough so I think it could be problematic
I haven't measured, just an educated guess, but the filter bottom sits about 12" off the ground give or take a little.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
1,151 Posts
What about Stage 6? They have a CAI in the works, waiting on the production facility last I heard. Filter is in a similar location, but is complete with a heat shield ;) Also, I remember them saying there is an opening in the fender to let more cool air in...

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Bwoody made awesome results on the WK1 with a similar (same) design. I ran the Volant on my WK1, but since they don't have one in R&D yet bwoody it is for me for the WK2. I like true cold air intakes, on the WK1 it was Volant and bwoody FTW. Plus the bwoody makes nice eye candy when you pop the hood :D

Sent from my iPad 3G

· Registered
112 Posts
Would the hood vents make a difference? Would the short design get air through the hood in the wk2 in a manner that it couldn't in the wk1. The video had the hood open but it also wasn't moving so depending on flow through the hood it could t
heoretically be more than 11 right?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I'm sure the jeep had fans pushing air while being dynoed. They normally do.

The hood vents create a pressure difference to suck hot air out of the engine bay. So I doubt it'll suck air in while in motion. Standing still maybe a different story. Also, with the CAI next to the hood vent it may always be heat soaked since hot air will be pulled out of the hood vent next to the filter element. That's just a thought.

Sent from my iPad 3G

· Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I live in Seattle where as Im sure you all know, it rains. A lot! I had a Bwoody intake on my car for nearly two years. The only reason I took it off was because a Procharger replaced it. If you drive with a modicum of common sense when it is raining and there is potentially standing water you will be fine with a Bwoody intake.

I never used a dry sock either.....

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What about Stage 6? They have a CAI in the works, waiting on the production facility last I heard. Filter is in a similar location, but is complete with a heat shield ;) Also, I remember them saying there is an opening in the fender to let more cool air in...
That's right! I saw that post a couple of weeks ago, another possibility! decisions, decisions, decisions...

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Stage 6 has their intake coming real soon. You can see it in one of the posts in the WK2 intake section. No potential for rain damage and also utilizes a heat shield.

Reactions: *SLICKSRT8*

· Registered
21 Posts
Would the hood vents make a difference? Would the short design get air through the hood in the wk2 in a manner that it couldn't in the wk1. The video had the hood open but it also wasn't moving so depending on flow through the hood it could t
heoretically be more than 11 right?
I was skeptical of the 11HP claim because the hood is open, then I found this clip of the baseline run. Maybe it is legit. What kind of gains is expected from the other options?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
My butt dyno says the bwoody cai adds more pep in the jeeps step :D

Sent from my iPad 3G

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.