Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Participant Guidelines:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions (no member discussions here)
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post before the session ends
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for doing this chat session – good stuff. Though the subject has been beaten to death on this board, why isn’t there a permanent post tsb fix for the rear brake squeal (’07 Jeep SRT8). My dealer won’t do anything more to help.

Thanks.
Dan Stargatt
Wilmington, Delaware

·
Administrator
5,859 Posts
Thanks guys for doing this again! For me, you couldn't have picked a better site this time!!! I hope your Kicker engineer is in the building or has his cell turned on. Please forgive the diatribe, but it's necessary to get my point across by giving some background details. Hopefully my frustrations will be clear.

I have been trying to order my 2008 Jeep GC SRT8 since August. That's now six months and my order still hasn't been submitted to Chrysler. I'm a paying customer who wants to give money to Chrysler, yet they don't seem to want it. If I'm forced to wait much longer I'll be looking at getting a 2009 the way things are going.

This is all about the Kicker High Performance System that is still not available. I was told by my dealer the latest is a parts shortage from Kicker itself. If this is true I'm somewhat relieved as this sounds like a temporary situation. Again, if true, why is that??? Ordering the KICK parts through Mopar is not an option for me.

Every few days I try to "build" my Jeep on both the American and Canadian Jeep sites to see if things have changed. At www.jeep.ca there are 5 colours available, including two blacks. This doesn't make sense to me at all. I know Brilliant Black Chrystal Pearlcoat is now available though. On the American site, www.jeep.com there's only two colours. There is so much disparagy between the sites. I've been told the webmaster has been asked to update both sites. This hasn't happened as of today.

Now for my specific Kicker questions...

1. I am perplexed as to why the High Performance system shows up on the Canadian site, but NOT at the American one. It shows as 11 speaker high performance system with a 276 watt amp. That sounds to me to be the specs for the BA6 base system. Shouldn't that be 368 watts?

2. Here's the real "kicker" question. My dealer is now telling me the Kicker production start is now March 10th. How can this be? One thing for sure is I'd like to nail you down to a date if you would.

Note: Jim Press, you told me you were "listening". Please hear me!!!

Thanks!

Rambit

·
Registered
467 Posts
My question is about the steering. Is it speed sensitive? After full throttle acceration my steering wheel feels stuck and I have to snatch it to break it loose. Has this ever been a problem with other jeeps.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Hello Team SRT guys/gals

What have you found to be the maximum timing BTDC for MBT timing on the 6.1 Hemi? (Forget the stock 19 degrees OEM tune for an answer :))

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
493 Posts
My question is concering the "On Demand" 4WD. Do all 4 wheels engage? And how with an open rear end? There has been a lot of talk and "myths" to this system. Some people have experienced only one front and one rear wheel "locked"/engaged.

Thank you.
Mark
2008 Jeep SRT8

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Hi,

My question is in regard to the Transfer Case.

Why do so many make noise? Is SRT aware of the problem with these particularly in the 08's however, some 07's have problems too? Why?

Thank you.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My question is from a friend that just took delivery of a fully loaded (all optioned), 2008 Jeep SRT8. The attached picture shows a sensor that no one can identify. It is located inside the front passenger side wheel-well, attached to the upper control arm.
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
My question is from a friend that just took delivery of a fully loaded (all optioned), 2008 Jeep SRT8. The attached picture shows a sensor that no one can identify. It is located inside the front passenger side wheel-well, attached to the upper control arm.
Thank you.
Your friend has HID headlamps, with automatic height adjustment. That sensor is how the car knows it's attitude.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Every few days I try to "build" my Jeep on both the American and Canadian Jeep sites to see if things have changed. At www.jeep.ca there are 5 colours available, including two blacks. This doesn't make sense to me at all. I know Brilliant Black Chrystal Pearlcoat is now available though. On the American site, www.jeep.com there's only two colours. There is so much disparagy between the sites. I've been told the webmaster has been asked to update both sites. This hasn't happened as of today.

Rambit
We are introducing brilliant black as a mid model year option, that's why you see the two blacks available.

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Torque management

Welcome Engineers!

SRT8 JGC Torque Management shift strategy:
Through fairly extensive data logging, it seems that on a typical up shift, that the maximum allowable torque is about 580 Nm on my basically stock 426.
Very coincidently that is the rated maximum output torque of our NAG1 transmission, the W5A580.

It appears that the #1 cylinder timing is drastically reduced from 28* to 12* right before the up shift, holding the measured (calculated) output torque at about 580 Nm.

Is this the Tranny Nanny watching out for BuilderBills transmission?
If so, is the strategy in the PCM?
Thanks!
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for doing this chat session – good stuff. Though the subject has been beaten to death on this board, why isn’t there a permanent post tsb fix for the rear brake squeal (’07 Jeep SRT8). My dealer won’t do anything more to help.

Thanks.
Dan Stargatt
Wilmington, Delaware

We have worked to minimized the amount of brake noise and the conditions in which brake noise exists without degrading the track capability of the system. Powerful brakes like powerful engines tend to be noisy.....

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
My question is about the steering. Is it speed sensitive? After full throttle acceration my steering wheel feels stuck and I have to snatch it to break it loose. Has this ever been a problem with other jeeps.
The steering is not speed sensitive. At full throttle in low gears, it is normal for the steering returnability to decrease a bit compared to steady state, but it returns to normal steering returnability when the acceleration levels off. Feeling stuck and needing to snatch it loose is not normal. We think you should take it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Average fuel economy calculation

What parameters are used in the average fuel economy?
I ask because when I went to the 426 with LARGE injectors, initially the LTFT was way off at about -28 +/- throughout the rpm range before my tune.
The average fuel economy read 24 mpg.:confused: I did not think this could be possible with a larger engine and larger injectors.
After the tune my LTFT went down to a very respectable -2 to +2 under most conditions.
The average fuel economy now shows about 14 mpg, which in reality should be 15 mpg.

Possibly I found a great sales tool, get the LTFT way off and the average mpg will look great.:)

Sorry for the digression, what parameters are used in the average fuel economy calculation on the dash?
Bill

·
Registered
608 Posts
So when are you guys going to invent a new SRT sport? I mean like off-road Jeeps have hill climbing. Stop lights are not so bad, but I don't know what else to do with all this horsepower.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.