Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us....

Are there any plans to retrofit the backup camera on the GC? It's as though the camera lens has spent a weekend with Paris Hilton; kind of blurry, dark, and pixelated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
549 Posts
Re: Custom programming of ECU 2007 SRT8

Jected said:
Hi how are you. This has probably been asked many times and flogged to death but is there any way that we, the customer can have or obtain custom tuning on our ECU/PCM to suit new applications to our engines either through dealers or shops.

If not now is there any chance in the future that this will happen?

Thanks in advance.
This question has came up many times before but the corporate policy here is pretty straight forward - NO. Mopar does offer turbo stage kits for SRT4 (and they're well worth the money) but hasn't got into the electronic throttle control boxes. There are some outside companies that will "tweak" to a custom setup (and some that you can tweak yourself) but we only want to put our name on something we're confident will live in your car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
549 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

NasaRacer said:
I believe I know that guy Craig is the "Service Manager" at Chuck Patterson my ex girlfriend used to work there.

Will you be sending my 7speed there for install/testing??!!! :cool: Might as well send it attached to a 392 as well. Hey a guy can wish can't he??:D

Should I tell Craig who says "Hi"??
Craig can tell you who and some war stories.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

When the GCSRT drivetrain was designed, why wasn't the drivetrain given the option of "FULL ESP OFF" like the JK (Unlimited) has?
I'm sure folks here would like to have that option.
Maybe a idea for the future?

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Have you guys had any findings on the axle stubs that we are snapping?


And will the 5.7 axle fit our rear to use as a cheap spare just for the purpose of getting home?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

In previous chat sessions you've called out some aftermarket vendors on selling rebadged mopar items; are there any other vendors/products that you've discovered to be fraudulent or we should avoid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Team SRT said:
Say while your all at it, whom do you consider the market competition for the GC SRT8?
Trailblazer SS
Landrover Sport
GMC Syclone/Typhoon
Porsche Cayenne

...just to name a few. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,309 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Team SRT said:
Say while your all at it, whom do you consider the market competition for the GC SRT8?
TBSS
ML63 AMG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

In regards to the Caliber SRT-4.

The drivesrt website has been changed and it seems that there is now no mention of the car delivering 300hp. The website use to make reference to that number several times, but now the only performance figure we have is the 260lb-ft of torque.

Now, on top of this, there has been rumours flying around the internet regarding the Caliber not making the horsepower figures that were originally announced.

Is there anything you can tell us about this and how the progress with the SRT-4 is coming along. The last chat I believe it was mentioned that it would be released as a 2008 model year vehicle, is that still on track?

Is this going to be a late availability 2008 thing?

(Us caliber lovers and going CRAZY being left in the dark for so long like this). :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
549 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Hemi31 said:
Have you guys had any findings on the axle stubs that we are snapping?


And will the 5.7 axle fit our rear to use as a cheap spare just for the purpose of getting home?
If you are speaking of LX rear half shafts, they will not live long with numerous shots of Nitrous and the inner joint splines are different between 5.7 and 6.1L shafts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Not taking any jabs, here but why do you think the aftermarket for GM products is HUGE compared to Mopar? Better yet where do I get in line to complain about that?
 

·
Sur Askdalotte
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Are their any engineers from the audio/telematics section there tonight? In the last session I mentioned that some owners were trying to install the 2007 rear video camera into 2006 WK SRT models. We are using all of the 2007 components, the 2007 nav radio w/rear cam jacks as well as all of the wiring. With everything hooked up exactly as the factory models are wired we cannot get a signal on the screen, nor does the option for turning it on/off appear on the nav menu. What might we be missing, some sort of DRB programming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Team SRT said:
Again, our recommendation is the text above in red. And, you didn't hear it here, but the part number for the additive might just happen to be 68029698AA.

;)
Thanks for your response. We look forward to 1) a TSB to simplify the explanation process to dealer maintenance, 2) a root cause(?), and 3)a long term fix (if the flush is short term).

Thanks again for the part #.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

I had a few minor suggestions for the new GCSRT8....I would like to see only SRT8 badging, no Jeep badging on things like the gearshift knob, steering wheel, grill etc....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
549 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

rainmaker said:
Not taking any jabs, here but why do you think the aftermarket for GM products is HUGE compared to Mopar? Better yet where do I get in line to complain about that?
Unfortunately, there are a lot more of them then us. We like to think it's all about quality, not quantity .......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
549 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

Ironside said:
In regards to the Caliber SRT-4.

The drivesrt website has been changed and it seems that there is now no mention of the car delivering 300hp. The website use to make reference to that number several times, but now the only performance figure we have is the 260lb-ft of torque.

Now, on top of this, there has been rumours flying around the internet regarding the Caliber not making the horsepower figures that were originally announced.

Is there anything you can tell us about this and how the progress with the SRT-4 is coming along. The last chat I believe it was mentioned that it would be released as a 2008 model year vehicle, is that still on track?

Is this going to be a late availability 2008 thing?

(Us caliber lovers and going CRAZY being left in the dark for so long like this). :D
The only thing I can tell you right now is that we are still on the same time track we mentioned last month. The car will launch along with the rest of the 2008 models at its plant. Now obviously, it may take a little while for our small numbers to reach all of our dealers all around the country, but they are coming.

Unfortunately, the PR guys would all go home angry at me if I gave you anymore than this.
 
101 - 120 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top