Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Before posting in this thread please read the following:

Update: It has been requested that this session be primarily used for discussion about the future Grand Cherokee SRT8 replacement. Questions regarding other vehicles will be answered but with a low priority.

Good evening from SRT. Glad to welcome all of you to tonight's special chat session. Believe me, the things we hear from you tonight will have an influence on the next generation vehicle. I assume that most of them will be suggestions and of course there is no real way to respond, but take our word for it from SRT that we will use your comments. Thanks to all of you in advance.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: [OPEN FOR PRE-QUESTIONS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

This post has been made for ResumeSpeed based on suggestions in this thread: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3816

2011 Grand Cherokee SRT8 wish list

1. Stlying - Go with a variant of the Trailhawk concept, it's one of the most popular Jeep concepts shown since the original '99 Commander concept.

2. Ride quality - This is probably the number one complaint from owners and reviewers. I would like to see some sort of advanced electronic adjustable "Road & Track" suspension in which one could switch from a "highway/road" mode to a "performance/track" mode.

3. Power - Usually reliable sources have "predicted" that the new 6.4L Hemi is a go and that it is already scheduled to go into the current gen WK in model year 2009 or 2010. We'll take it, perfect!!!!

4. Interior materials - Less plastic, the 2008 improvements are a start but it would be nice to see even more attention in this area. As far as features we are already getting the "MyGig" radio, telescoping steering column and streaming video which are all very welcome. Something that would be very desireable would be a reconfigurable cluster display with a 0-60 timer (2008 models?) and as many "performance/engineering" readouts as possible. The LX models already have this feature and it is very popular. Something to add would be a digital oil level readout as well as a transmission fluid level readout.

5. Interior, rear - We could use a couple more inches of legroom back there.

6. Interior, seats - Ventilated/cooled front seats. I understand that these are already on the table for the '08 or '09 Overland models, we'll take the feature as well.

7. Interior, climate controls - Bring back the digital readouts for the temperature.

8. Interior colors - Give us at least two choices here. I prefer the new dark slate gray coming on the '08 models, others may want something different.

9. Exterior colors - A better selection would be most welcome. For some reason there is a shortage of paint colors for most of the SRT models although some of the LX's have received some extra colors along the way. So far Jeep SRT owners have had a choice of two Blacks, two reds, a Silver and a Blue which is essentially only 4 colors over three model years.

10. Transmission - A switchable overdrive/6th gear for highway cruising. Also, more tension or adjustable tension for the shift lever. Many owners often unintentionally bump the lever into the manual mode.

11. Adjustable front lower air dam - A powered version would be awesome, allowing it to be raised an extra inch or two at the touch of a button, to avoid the ever-so-common scrapes.

12. Undefeatable factory wheel locks - Or some type of advanced wheel lock system. A locking steel center cap that covered all of the lugs is one idea I don't think anyone has come up with yet.

13. Hood lamp - Look, most of us would be glad to pay the $10 or so that it would cost for this convenient feature. Jeep used to have them but the bean counters nixed them. Give us a couple of small LED lamps that will illuminate the entire engine bay so at night we can show off that beautiful 510-hp 6.4L Hemi.

14. Rear liftgate aerodynamics - A design that won't attract every single bit of road dust and debri like the current model does.

15. Power liftgate - Already on the Commander and scheduled for the current WK, make it an option on the SRT8.

16. Rear fog lamps - Give us the stalk control and wiring to make these work so we don't have to wire them up outselves.

17. Mirrors, power folding - A great feature that has always been on export models, and more recently on Jeep Overland models.

18. Sills, door - Bring back the custom SRT8 door sill plates that were just deleted.

19. Cupholders, heated/cooled - A new option on a couple of new DCX models, add them to the list for the SRT.

20. Wiper nozzles - Get rid of the hood nozzles and put them on the wiper arm where they belong.

21. Slotted rotors - As are now available on the LX models.

22. Trailer hitch - With the 3rd model year of the WK SRT8 approaching it's amazing that we still do not have a factory hitch available.

23. Fuel tank size - Increased capacity for fuel, a 24-gallon tank would be nice.

24. Aftermarket performance parts - One of the main complaints from owners of current generation SRT8's is the lack of aftermarket performance parts available. It would be nice to see a nice selection from Mopar available at launch rather than years later.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Posted for CobraKid:

Cobrakid said:
hi,

I have a softball game tonight, and I am a new SRT8 owner.
(so I won't be able to join the discussion)

I love my new Jeep....but have a few suggestions.

I think the steering is a little too quick, even for a
sports vehicle.

The torque steer scares me a little when going over
30-40. I am no wuss, I have had several "high hp" vehicles.
It is just a little un-nerving in a SUV.

The DVD player is nice, but my 2 young kids use it
as a foot rest and it is almost too accessible to them.

Lastly......SRT should free up their info on the computers
so companies can make flash tuners, and not limit us
to the $600 computer flashes.

thanks,

I love the truck, more than my old Lightnings, and prolly
more than my 10 sec Cobra.

Chuck from DE

I also don't think the inside is too much cheesy plastic
like so many complain of?????

·
Administrator
5,902 Posts

(Low Priority) I don't recall this question being asked before. Has there been any thought, or could it be possible, to make the lower lip spoiler available again for 2005 & early 2006 300C SRT8's? There are many of us who are paranoid of damaging it and being forced to go with the one piece front fascia.:mad: For me this is VERY important as my car will remain TOTALLY stock.

Surely the mold must still be around somewhere. In the case of those with the one piece fascia, who must have a front licence plate, the extra vent is covered anyway. There's also a fair amount of interest in these from 300C owners. Thanks!

Rambit

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts

Why has Mopar Performance parts(srt) overlooked the 6.1L(Jeep) in general when it comes to performance parts.ie: PCM,TCM, short tube headers, 6.1L camshafts.etc.--- 2 & 1/2 yrs into a 3 year build should be ample time to bring something to market! THANKS GC

·
Registered
3,713 Posts

1. Heated driver/passenger side mirrors. ( for those bad winters )
2. Led integrated running lights ( like the new audis' [email protected] )
3. Better wind deflector, the current one doesn't help the wind noise at all.
4. There is practically no performance support for the 6.1L by mopar. If its like this for the 6.4L I wont buy it.
5. A real rear differential.
6. No orange peel paint.
7. KILL DRIVE BY WIRE !
8. No plastic roof rails.
9. A real horn,- like a train horn =)
10. Led lighting interior like in the new lexus'
11. shark fin or hidden antenna

·
Registered
456 Posts

This vehicle was created JUST for me! It is damn-near perfect! I see a lot of good suggestions, here's my 1 cent:

1. Please do not turn this into a bloated fat pig. I realize it is a SUV, but looking at some of the previous suggestions, please make the extra electrical gadgets optional, so the hard-core guys can pick the options that are a must for them.

2. I love the suspension. No, it's not to harsh for my taste. Give me an option for manually adjustable shocks, with spring rates at their current level or greater.

3. Please do not take any steps backwards on the braking system. I read a lot of responses concerning the brake dust (and I now know first hand of this), but performance comes at a cost! I love the brake feel of the current setup regardless of the byproducts! How about some slotted-full floating rotors with aluminum hats?

4. 6.4!!! N'uff said.

5. An additional gear or two in the tranny would be nice. A SMG or DSG style would be even nicer!!!!

Keep it up SRT!!!!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

gculver said:
Why has Mopar Performance parts(srt) overlooked the 6.1L(Jeep) in general when it comes to performance parts.ie: PCM,TCM, short tube headers, 6.1L camshafts.etc.--- 2 & 1/2 yrs into a 3 year build should be ample time to bring something to market! THANKS GC
We have not overlooked the 6.1L. It is a more optimized package and extracting additional power is more of a challenge for us. Please stay tuned in the future for new parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: [IN PROGRESS] - 4/18/07 SRT Q&A Session

I have bugged you guys in the past. But wanted to let you know that one of your suggestions of something that is a good modification has worked out very nicely on my 2007 Magnum SRT8.

The LX Poilce Package Oil/Water Cooler. Works and fits nicely on the 6.1. Does a good job of preventing big spikes in oil temp during hard driving. Especially usefull with the 6.1 since oil squirters cool the underside of the pistons.

Some Chrysler/Dodge Dealers are selling all the necessary parts for the oil cooler for $129. Which tells me the incremental cost of adding this to all 6.1 Engines would be very small. Especially since the design/engineering for this one is pretty much done. So my suggestion is all 6.1 Engines in performance applications like an SRT8 vehicle should have one of these. See if the bean counters will let you do it!!??

·
Super Moderator
11,064 Posts

Another month goes by and still no trailer hitch. How about one of those for any year of the GC SRT8. Any updates on a release date?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

Razorecko said:
1. Heated driver/passenger side mirrors. ( for those bad winters )
2. Led integrated running lights ( like the new audis' [email protected] )
3. Better wind deflector, the current one doesn't help the wind noise at all.
4. There is practically no performance support for the 6.1L by mopar. If its like this for the 6.4L I wont buy it.
5. A real rear differential.
6. No orange peel paint.
7. KILL DRIVE BY WIRE !
8. No plastic roof rails.
9. A real horn,- like a train horn =)
10. Led lighting interior like in the new lexus'
11. shark fin or hidden antenna
what do you mean by"real rear diff"......i like your other ideas....good stuff

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

Rambit said:
(Low Priority) I don't recall this question being asked before. Has there been any thought, or could it be possible, to make the lower lip spoiler available again for 2005 & early 2006 300C SRT8's? There are many of us who are paranoid of damaging it and being forced to go with the one piece front fascia.:mad: For me this is VERY important as my car will remain TOTALLY stock.

Surely the mold must still be around somewhere. In the case of those with the one piece fascia, who must have a front licence plate, the extra vent is covered anyway. There's also a fair amount of interest in these from 300C owners. Thanks!

Rambit
We are not sure about the availability of the early fascia chin spoiler through Mopar Service Parts. The supplier of that part is no longer in business. Please send a private message and we will get back to you after we check with Mopar.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

1. 6/7/or 8 spd tranny in congunction w/lower gears (~3.91? w/LS), also an electronic mode that could be switched from performance/"sport"(much harder slamming of gears like the old school reworked trannies) to normal/"sissy"(like a sane person would drive)

2.) Theres no replacement for displacement. We keep talking about 6.4L, give me 7L or make it 7.2L, etc.

3.) Bigger/stiffer sway bars.

4.) Mopar Performance products that are available at the same time the vehicle is launched.

5.) Softer interior that is more unique than the other GC's, & a big 'ol pistol grip shifter.

6.) Splash guards that fit & look sporty. (I drive in the snow, etc. quit laughing):)

7.) The oil/water cooler that Nasa mentioned the LX police package has. (Will this fit the current GC SRT8?)

8.) Don't increase the price tag.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts

I can't add to any of the great suggestions already mentioned so I have several questions about the 07GCSRT8s.
What's the update on the squeaking brakes/scored rotor problem?

What's the update on the newest TCM flash for 1-2 shift hesitation?

Awesome vehicles SRT team...I love 'em.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I've always wondered why the navigation system cannot use the passenger airbag detection system to determine when a passenger is in the car and allow the navigation to be controlled while in motion if a passenger is detected.

I think this would be a handy option on future vehicles.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

NasaRacer said:
I have bugged you guys in the past. But wanted to let you know that one of your suggestions of something that is a good modification has worked out very nicely on my 2007 Magnum SRT8.

The LX Poilce Package Oil/Water Cooler. Works and fits nicely on the 6.1. Does a good job of preventing big spikes in oil temp during hard driving. Especially usefull with the 6.1 since oil squirters cool the underside of the pistons.

Some Chrysler/Dodge Dealers are selling all the necessary parts for the oil cooler for $129. Which tells me the incremental cost of adding this to all 6.1 Engines would be very small. Especially since the design/engineering for this one is pretty much done. So my suggestion is all 6.1 Engines in performance applications like an SRT8 vehicle should have one of these. See if the bean counters will let you do it!!??
We always keep that one in our back pocket :) During all of our testing, we do not go over goal for oil temps. What kind of temps do you consider 'big spikes'? Thanks for the thoughts... and we'll try to keep the bean counters at bay....

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.