Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Re: 10-11-06 SRT Q&A Session

Team SRT said:
We will need to check into that code and get back to you during the next forum.

More then the dealer has done, Thanks. I will ask again in the next session.

Another question are the secondary o2 sensors for catalytic efficiency only and why is everyone having such a hard time with the CEL that headers produce on all the platforms?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

95ttoplt1 said:
Hey guys first off let me say thanks for designing a great car. I absolutley love the thing when it works like it should.

That seems to be the problem though. I am wondering if some of the things I am experiencing are normal or problems.

1) When it makes the 1-2 or 2-3 shift WOT, I get a "machine gun" or "jake-brake sound" like a semi slowing down or
a spark cutting rev limiter(not a complete shut off like forgetting you are in auto stick). Is this normal??

2) When autosticking how long should it take to shift after hitting the stick? Mine is over 900 rpms. I have to hit the stick at 5k to
make the shift with out losing power and its still a crap shoot as to if it will hit the limiter.

3) My DBW seems to have sluggish response most of the time, some times it is great, I have had it happen twice when the go pedal is mashed
to the floor and held to jump through a gap in traffic and the car had no response, NONE! It didn't drop a gear, didn't rev up, NOTHING across
4 lanes of traffic! Pedal was on the floor for a good 2 seconds. This seems to happen when rolling at a relativley slow speeds,10-15 mph.
I can slap the pedal on the floor and let up repeatedly with no responce from the big hemi(all the time!!). My wife is complaining terribly
about this and has started driving her 00 R/T Durango again as she says at least it tries when she asks. Is this a saftey thing??

4) I know this will get asked, but maybe we can get it out early. Is the shift fix issue any closer to completion? I have the
hesitation more often than not(actually just made its first clean 1-2 shift today at 1500 miles).

It has done it often enough that I am afraid to jump on it because it makes me either look like an idot who can't
drive a stick (missed shifts in D), my car is messed up(jake brake shifts), or it doesn't do anything.
Not very confidence inspiring at the stop light.

5) Do the SRT's get any more QC checks than a regular say R/T or SXT??

I have had quite a few petty, but annoying problems that would have been caught had someone looked at the car
after assembly.(all problems were present in the first seventy five miles). Just seems these shouldn't be present on a $40k car.

On a good note this thing loves the Autobahn and really puts a big grin on your face to wax a M3 on its home turf :)

The brakes are incredible even when slowing from autobahn speeds!! Its like you throw out an anchor.

This thing turns more heads than the Lambo's,Ferrari's and Porsches that are a dime a dozen over here.

The SRT is "the ride" to have in Europe!!

If you have time, some corporately questionable inquiry's :)

6) Are the 06's Speed limited?? How?? DBW??

7) Why no first gear full throttle?? Drivetrain/hardware concerns?? or Driver skill (liability) concerns??

8) Can we update the 06's to get the 0-60 timer?? Maybe a MPP update?? I'd pay a hundred bucks :)

9) Can you give us a quick down and dirty of the Star Scan's dyno mode??

10) Would locking the converter for a couple dyno pulls hurt anything? or set any codes??

11) Do our cars use the same TCM as the Mercedes cars with the W5A580/722.6 ??

12) Why no LSD?? Cost?? It would stand to reason applying the brakes(even if only for a fraction of a sec)
would degrade acceleration and be harder on the parts between the engine and brakes as opposed to a LSD??
Sorry you've been waiting for so long but you have too many questions to be fair to the rest of the members please pick the most important 2 or 3 and re submit.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Re: Wheel question

Buck70 said:
Team
Do/will any of the 07 SRT LX's come with fully chromed wheels

Even with the Brake TSB done the dust is a major nuisance
fully chromed wheels would clean up better @ the car wash.

Thanks
The Mag with the drag radials @ Nats
No, our 07 wheels are highly polished aluminum that's also clear coated. For finishing touches we recommend the Mopar wheel cleaner.

·
Registered
368 Posts

I have problems with the Air pressure sensors in the wheels always telling me that the tires are low even though I have the correct pressure in them.......any ideas??

Make sure that you consider the outside temperature, as you know the pressure goes down if it's cold outside. Is your vehicle a GC SRT 8.....

·
Registered
16 Posts

Team SRT said:
A very good list, but sorry, can't comment.
Understood. Perhaps we can discuss it at the next VCA-NV BBQ.

·
Registered
14 Posts

No problem guys!! I appreciate you coming here!!

1) When it makes the 1-2 or 2-3 shift WOT, I get a "machine gun" or "Jake-brake sound" like a semi slowing down or
a spark cutting rev limiter(not a complete shut off like forgetting you are in auto stick). Is this normal??

2) When autosticking how long should it take to shift after hitting the stick? Mine is over 900 rpms. I have to hit the stick at 5k to
make the shift with out losing power and its still a crap shoot as to if it will hit the limiter.

3) My DBW seems to have sluggish response most of the time, some times it is great, I have had it happen twice when the go pedal is mashed
to the floor and held to jump through a gap in traffic and the car had no response, NONE! It didn't drop a gear, didn't rev up, NOTHING across
4 lanes of traffic! Pedal was on the floor for a good 2 seconds. This seems to happen when rolling at a relativley slow speeds,10-15 mph.
I can slap the pedal on the floor and let up repeatedly with no responce from the big hemi(all the time!!).

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

Inferno SRT8 said:
More then the dealer has done, Thanks. I will ask again in the next session.

Another question are the secondary o2 sensors for catalytic efficiency only and why is everyone having such a hard time with the CEL that headers produce on all the platforms?

Yes, the secondary O2 sensors are there for catalyst efficiency measurement. If the light is being set with the aftermarket headers and converters, the cats aren't doing their job/functioning properly.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

Team SRT said:
Yes, the secondary O2 sensors are there for catalyst efficiency measurement. If the light is being set with the aftermarket headers and converters, the cats aren't doing their job/functioning properly.

Is there a certain millivolt the ECU is looking for from the secondary o2 sensors that tells the ECU the cats are ok? And if so what is it?

·
Registered
25 Posts

Hey guys ... months ago I won the Spike TV (Iacocca Foundation). Well just yesterday I took deliver of my 2007 Magnum SRT8. Nice job guys...I have some input for you. My car has the new Transmission Autostick programing. But the owners manual that does say "2007 Magnum SRT8" still has the description for the 2006 Autostick about the EVIC Shift Light and holding gear until you shift. For me it is not confusing since I follow the message boards. But it might be confusing to the average consumer.

Now my question .... so rumors had it that all 2007 LXs would have a "Oil Life" system. I am have read all my manuals believe it or not. Am I missing it or is this going to be a running production change?

thanks guys and hey am I going to see any of you at SEMA??

Chris Teasdale
2007 Magnum SRT8

Haven't heard about the oil life system but we would get it if the regular LX's get it.....

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

95ttoplt1 said:
No problem guys!! I appreciate you coming here!!

1) When it makes the 1-2 or 2-3 shift WOT, I get a "machine gun" or "Jake-brake sound" like a semi slowing down or

I can slap the pedal on the floor and let up repeatedly with no responce from the big hemi(all the time!!).
1) Have your dealer check the exhaust system to trans crossmember bolt clearance. There is a TSB for this.

2) People seem to expect an automatic to upshift instantaneously. (I wish we had a Formula 1 transmission in this thing! - but we don't). While in Drive mode the trans actually starts actuating solenoids, moving fluid around and energizing / de-energizing clutches as much as 0.75 sec before the upshift takes place. Therefore, you have to hit the lever before redline to get a shift at redline (as you noted). We realize people are having difficulty with this and noticed the same comments on the LX SRT-8. There will be a TSB issued shortly for both the LX and WK SRT-8 to address the issue. The TSB will make the trans auto-upshift in Autostick mode in the event the driver does not properly 'time' the upshift. The trans will hold the selected gear otherwise (in AutoStick mode). The TSB will also correct the 1-2 upshift hesitation that some people are finding while in Drive mode. Performance will not be affected.

3) Wow - I'll stay away from you when you merge on the highway! I would have your dealer check for ETC (electronic throttle control) faults. It is also possible that the stability control system intervened and was trying to stablize the car following an aggressive (dangerous) steering input.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts

Team-
any comment on the paint peeling on the lower front fascia of our GC SRT-8's that so many of us are experiencing? the peel is almost all the way across my fascia at this point. . .

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

Inferno SRT8 said:
Is there a certain millivolt the ECU is looking for from the secondary o2 sensors that tells the ECU the cats are ok? And if so what is it?
It is not about absolute voltage, but phasing of the O2 signals. If the rear O2 signal is in phase with the front O2 signal, we know the catalyst isn't doing anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Team SRT said:
1) Have your dealer check the exhaust system to trans crossmember bolt clearance. There is a TSB for this.

Great I will have them check tommorow

2) People seem to expect an automatic to upshift instantaneously. (I wish we had a Formula 1 transmission in this thing! - but we don't). While in Drive mode the trans actually starts actuating solenoids, moving fluid around and energizing / de-energizing clutches as much as 0.75 sec before the upshift takes place. Therefore, you have to hit the lever before redline to get a shift at redline (as you noted). We realize people are having difficulty with this and noticed the same comments on the LX SRT-8. There will be a TSB issued shortly for both the LX and WK SRT-8 to address the issue. The TSB will make the trans auto-upshift in Autostick mode in the event the driver does not properly 'time' the upshift. The trans will hold the selected gear otherwise (in AutoStick mode). The TSB will also correct the 1-2 upshift hesitation that some people are finding while in Drive mode. Performance will not be affected.

This is on an Charger

3) Wow - I'll stay away from you when you merge on the highway! I would have your dealer check for ETC (electronic throttle control) faults. It is also possible that the stability control system intervened and was trying to stablize the car following an aggressive (dangerous) steering input.
This is with the ESP completely off(brake and button hold), I don't think its my erradict driving as even my wife has complained that most of the time the car just doesn't go anywhere when ya need it, and I don't have any trouble codes per the CCN read out in the speedometer

·
Registered
2 Posts

Any bones you can throw us on the Caliber SRT4?

Projected price release date?

Spring '07 release?

Turbo upgrades?

Safety issues?*

*No system, no matter how sophisticated, can repeal the laws of physics or overcome careless driving actions.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

Team SRT said:
It is not about absolute voltage, but phasing of the O2 signals. If the rear O2 signal is in phase with the front O2 signal, we know the catalyst isn't doing anything.

So your basically looking for a difference in phasing/voltage between the primary and secondary o2 sensors which lets the ECU know the catalysts are ok.

·
Registered
65 Posts

z28plus said:
Some members say they get a rear end clunk when starting out each time they drive......

The clunk is not related to the rear end. It's a normal characteristic of the t-case when the vehicle is first keyed up.
Given this, would you then say it would be ok to mash-it and run thru this "clunk" at WOT without any resulting damage? Or would you recommend an initial slower run through the 22-23 mph range to get the t-case "set" for WOT? Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

Dr.Steve said:
Team-
any comment on the paint peeling on the lower front fascia of our GC SRT-8's that so many of us are experiencing? the peel is almost all the way across my fascia at this point. . .
Customer concers are handled through our normal warranty system procedure. If your vehicle exhibits such a condition please take it to an authorized dealership for evaluation.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

95ttoplt1 said:
This is with the ESP completely off(brake and button hold), I don't think its my erradict driving as even my wife has complained that most of the time the car just doesn't go anywhere when ya need it, and I don't have any trouble codes per the CCN read out in the speedometer
The CCN offers limited information. You should really have the dealer check the faults. From what you describe, there is something definitely wrong.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

2mopar said:
Any bones you can throw us on the Caliber SRT4?

Projected price release date?

Spring '07 release?

Turbo upgrades?

Safety issues?*

*No system, no matter how sophisticated, can repeal the laws of physics or overcome careless driving actions.

Nope. Can't tell ya. But I can say we don't have any safety issues.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.