Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
My 2012 srt makes this clunking noise when going over bumps in the road, It sounds like its comming from the rear shocks or something back there, any known problems?
A couple of threads on this with almost same title.
Spare tire will be loose and jack sits in foam holder with no way to secure plus shocks have distinct sound.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did you check your spare tire and jack? That was my problem.
WHAT A F-ING JOKE! So i just looked to see if that was the source of the noise I was hearing and all those spair tire parts jack wheel ect was just laying there, not bolted down or tightened down at all, like the monkeys that built it just threw it in there and said "F**K it". So I took it all out and threw it all away. Also while I was in there I found out that the spair wont even fit on the front, the spair will only work on the rear of the truck? thats crazy to me that chrysler thinks this would be ok???? What were they thinking????

So you get a flat in the front, you haft to take off the rear wheel then put it on the front and then put your spair tire on the rear, all this with run flat tires? The way I looked at it, if you can afford a 60K vehicle you can afford a tow? spair tire is now in the trash....
just me venting..........

·
Registered
197 Posts
WHAT A F-ING JOKE! So i just looked to see if that was the source of the noise I was hearing and all those spair tire parts jack wheel ect was just laying there, not bolted down or tightened down at all, like the monkeys that built it just threw it in there and said "F**K it". So I took it all out and threw it all away. Also while I was in there I found out that the spair wont even fit on the front, the spair will only work on the rear of the truck? thats crazy to me that chrysler thinks this would be ok???? What were they thinking????

So you get a flat in the front, you haft to take off the rear wheel then put it on the front and then put your spair tire on the rear, all this with run flat tires? The way I looked at it, if you can afford a 60K vehicle you can afford a tow? spair tire is now in the trash....
just me venting..........
Could you explain why the "spair" won't fit on the front? Did you try it?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The way I see it, if you can afford a $60k vehicle... and you can't spell "spair" you have too much "spair" time on your hands... lol

jk

There are a couple threads on the spare tire already, you probably have to pell it correctly to find them. It won't fit over the brakes. So... jack up the back remove the back and attach the spare. Go to the front and replace with the back tire if need be.

I hear the venting part, I'd be pissed...

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I've posted it up before, but I have cargo in my spare tire area and it stops the movement. I have like a 3' snow brush/scraper laid across the top of the tire and underneath the cargo lid. It holds the tire and foam in place pretty good. I don't hear any rattles or movements.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clunky rear end 2013 durango r/t

Hello all I know this is a Cherokee forum but Im looking for help with my rear end clunk on bumpy roads as well. I have a 2013 dodge durango r/t, of course the dealership says they can't do anything for me.. The jack and spare are tight.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I've posted it up before, but I have cargo in my spare tire area and it stops the movement. I have like a 3' snow brush/scraper laid across the top of the tire and underneath the cargo lid. It holds the tire and foam in place pretty good. I don't hear any rattles or movements.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Same here. I actually removed the spare and put in an equipped tool box with a 2" tongue, all 3 ball sizes, lighter, a few basic tools, Repair-A-Flat in a can along with tire plugs, glue and 3-in-one Portable jumpstart/power-supply/air compressor.
Oh, and I threw in a mag-fed shotty and loaded clip for good measure :p

Hello all I know this is a Cherokee forum but Im looking for help with my rear end clunk on bumpy roads as well. I have a 2013 dodge durango r/t, of course the dealership says they can't do anything for me.. The jack and spare are tight.
There was a TSB for Cherokees that had to do with (I think) reflashing the electronics for the shocks due to clunking noises, you might wanna look there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.