Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 has a clicking sound coming from the rear left. It doesn't do it all of the time but, I've noticed that when it does it's 15 mph and below. I had the brakes, rims and tires checked out and they were ok. I have no confidence in the dealership here and I've searched the web with no luck. I was hoping someone here has had similar issues or knows what's causing the clicking sound. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Not 100% sure but maybe u need to get ur transfer case checked?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 2006 has a clicking sound coming from the rear left. It doesn't do it all of the time but, I've noticed that when it does it's 15 mph and below. I had the brakes, rims and tires checked out and they were ok. I have no confidence in the dealership here and I've searched the web with no luck. I was hoping someone here has had similar issues or knows what's causing the clicking sound. Thanks
Ebrake checked?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure, I was in airborne school when my wife took it to get it checked. They said everything looked good but the transmission needed to be serviced. $500 later my jeep is still clicking.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Something stuck in a tire?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had people ride beside the left rear in their car and they say it's only at lower speeds. The tires are ok. I even switched the left side over to the right and still got the same results.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Mine did the same thing at one time when the wheel sensor set screw came loose and was rubbing against the ring. Stupid Earnhardt dealership in Chandler, AZ couldn't figure out the problem. Got a tip from Western Differential in Tucson, AZ about Chapman Dodge in Scottsdale, AZ. There's a mechanic there that is top notch for our vehicles and he fixed it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dealership here isn't any better. The more I let them work on it the more problems I have. I'll pull the wheels off tomorrow and look at it. Thanks for all the help. Also I've noticed when accelerating I get a "clunk" around 15mph and when decelerating around 15 mph I get the clicking. This is the first jeep I've owned so I know nothing about them. All the help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.