Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I really want to do this before my bumper and hood gets scratched up! I say this because just the other day there was a dump truck dropping rocks all over the beltway....it was brutal! I have called a few places locally here in Maryland and everyone thinks that the 2012 is the same as the WK1. When I tell them that there was a redesign they tell me that they don't have a kit yet. Once place said they can do a custom kit, I was just wondering if it would be as nice looking as one made specifically for my truck. For the guys that already have them, how did you go about getting them installed or is my area just lacking?

·
Registered
467 Posts
The custom kit would actually look better if the shop does it right AND they know how to cut the film without cutting the paint.

The standard kits are great, but they leave small gaps between the end of the film and the next transition. Of course, the standard kits will also probably be cheaper, less labor.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I paid $275 for the hood, front bumper, front part of fenders, and mirrors. (standard kit) My guys did an awesome job! (no gaps, seamless transitions).

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I was at the Benz dealer a couple days ago and they said $900 to do the whole front end. Try calling around to some high end car dealers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
425 Posts
I went custom, they did a great job. They work on high end cars. I heard 3m just came out with a kit though.
That's what I got....the 3M kit......I paid $275 (actually it was $350, but got a $75 discount as a repeat customer).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.