Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and it wasn't a race! LOL Yesterday morning on my way to work I was stopped at a light, then girl behind me didn't stop and hit me pretty hard. I thought I'd be really pissed, but I wasn't. From the outside the Jeep didn't look too bad, my exhaust got pushed back pretty far and my bumper cover is all jacked, we'll see what other damage is done when they pull it all apart on Monday. Her car didn't fare too well. She was arrested for DUI and drug paraphernalia possession, they found a 3ft bong in her car! LOL Jeep is already at my buddy Nates shop, so I know it'll be done right. Enjoy the pics! :boohoo:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Bad break shawn! But you nate will get her looking sexy again!!!!

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Damn that sucks. Glad she got busted, got exactly what she deserved, unfortunatly at your expense though. Jeep overall looks pretty good compared to her car. She F'd hers up. Any idea how fast she she going?

Jim

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trav, they've already been super helpful!

Jim, speed limit on that street is 35 but the cops figure she was going faster (40-45?) based on the damage to her car. But she didn't even brake, so there were no skid marks to measure.

I can't believe my rear hatch glass didn't shatter or that the damage wasn't worse visually. You never know what they'll find underneath though. :/

Start dealing with the insurance companies tomorrow...can't wait! :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
I swear our trucks only get hit by civics..... let me guess she was someone texting???? (my story).... and why would u need a 3ft bong in your car!!!!??? I guess she was preoccupied

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
my last time getting rear ended it actually jacked up the alignment of the rear end too... ended up being 5k+? but now she is back to beautiful... might as well get a borla on there then buy a stock for 100 and put stock back on sell the borla $$$$$!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man! Sorry Shawn I am glad you ok and the beast doesnt look to bad! Good luck with the insurance company! She will be lookin better than new soon!

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Holy hell, that civic is trashed lol!

I don't like the look of your exhaust though hhmm....GL getting it fixed man!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Stupid *****. Deserved the arrest and hope she's stuck in jail for a bit to drive the point home and then she tells all her dumb friends.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Haha stupid girl was probably packing up that 3ft bong while cruising around town. :D Lol she got what she deserved driving around drunk too.
I hope they taught her a lesson.

Sorry to hear about your jeep man. Hopefully it will get all fixed soon. Glad your not hurt though.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Prolly texting and doing hits from the bong at the same time. Hope she gets jacked up in jail. . .

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I'm truly thankful to be alright, as hard as she hit me. I was a little sore Sat night, but woke up yesterday feeling good and even went and worked out.

Now I'm rolling in a Chrysler 200, feeling like a baller LOL

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
hahaha man that civic got f'd up haha. sorry to hear man, but good to hear its at your buddys shop, know itl get taken care of correctly.

Reactions: speedking1121

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Hope there is not too much hidden damage. Glad you're OK.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Glad your ok dude....beast will be good as new soon. I can relate...within 3 months two delta bravos rear ended me. One thing I can say is that these jeeps are seriously stout.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Damn! this is giving me flashbacks. Just a month ago I was rear ended by a 2000 VW Golf. My damage looks identical to yours only my rear fogs didn't crack like yours. Like you, I thought I'd be furious and even violent, but clearer heads prevailed. It was this young 21 year old schmuck kid who was extremely apologetic and polite. Called the cops to file an accident report and turns out the kid was driving with an expired license and registration. He got his car impounded and was issued several summonses. His VW looked pretty nasty but not nearly as bad as the civic. Just so you know damage was around $3000.00, five hundred of which I had to shell out for my deductible. Hoping to recoup that from the other guys insurance company. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SITUATION.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts