Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says, I'm getting this choppy/stuttering noise (sounds like valvetrain noise) whenever I turn the jeep left or whenever I have to move the jeep left on the road/highway. Doesn't happen when I'm going straight or going right. Here's a video (turn your sound up):

I make a left turn at the 0:30 mark, and you can really hear the noise at 0:36. This sound only started appearing after I had a set of Kooks LT headers & high flow cats installed. I had the shop use new OEM gaskets with new header bolts. No CELs, and I've already done a datalog and everything looks good there as well. Any ideas on what it might be?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I hear it slightly , hard to tell whats causing it ..
Bump anyone !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
This sound only started appearing after I had a set of Kooks LT headers & high flow cats installed.
unlike a lot of other cars, installing headers is a big deal on our trucks: a lot of components have to be unbolted and moved out of the way to do the install. then these components have to be aligned and bolted back in the correct order, with the right torque. sounds like something was broken or not bolted back up correctly on your truck. i can't really make out the noise, so it's impossible to say what it is. take it back to the guy you paid for the installation and drive around with them so they hear the noise, it's their responsibility to fix it.

you have no cels because your tune has the rear o2s either turned off or their status is being ignored. even without a cel showing, you will fail emissions if your state does obdII testing. ask johan to take that out of the tune if you want to see the true state of the post-cat o2s.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Glad man , enjoy it .

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. I hate when I start hearing strange noises from my cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.