Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how many people have had this happen, but I'm pretty much stock besides intake, reso delete and catch can. So anyways It was fairly cold this morning about 23* and I pulled up to a stop light about a mile from my house. The tires had to have been super cold, but anyways I look over and a family in a mini-van is looking at my car (I have 5% tint so I'm sure they couldn't see that I noticed them looking). Anyways when the light turned green I gave er hell and spun almost all the way across the intersection, when 2nd gear came is kinda hesitated like a manual when shifting (I have this happen every so often) then when it switched it chirped and slammed me back into the seat and took off again. When I looked in my rear view they were about 300 yards back. I mean I had to have pulled a crazy 0-60 because that's the hardest I have ever launched and it kept pulling. But I couldn't believe a stock motor could chirp 2nd, and yes it was a chirp. Anyways I figured I would tell ya, I thought it was damn cool. I'm sure that family in the mini-van was like WTF just happened.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Good stuff man

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Nice man! Yeah this has happened to me already a few times after I installed the FRI Little Boy cam. Depending on the road and as long as its around 40* my beast will chirp 2nd and the traction control will kick in. One time I was doing a log and I was able to see the loss of power between 1st to 2nd due to the chirp and traction control kicking in the log.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
RFT's are crap in the cold. Still cool though.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I've had this happen a few times. Basics mods here. CC, intake, tune, exhaust.

I have a go pro video from the track I was watching last night and it sounds like I did it at the track also. I've pulled some crazy 0-60's lately in the cold weather. Seen high 3's on the gauge.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nicee!!! Love to hear that.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Congrats. A nice chirp is fun. Wait till you shift from 1st into 2nd at 4000rpms then lay into 2nd and spin them 25ft. Hehe. That's fun!! Ive been doing that a lot with the new spring in the wastegate and boost controller off. I'm addicted.

For your mods though, pretty impressive. Cold weather and GoodYears FTW!! Haha.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I Kissed the grass the other day by jumping on the beast from 40 , was either the grass or roll over :( , but fortunately nothing happen , Just muddy wheels he he

·
Registered
673 Posts
Congrats. A nice chirp is fun. Wait till you shift from 1st into 2nd at 4000rpms then lay into 2nd and spin them 25ft. Hehe. That's fun!! Ive been doing that a lot with the new spring in the wastegate and boost controller off. I'm addicted.

For your mods though, pretty impressive. Cold weather and GoodYears FTW!! Haha.
I Kissed the grass the other day by jumping on the beast from 40 , was either the grass or roll over :( , but fortunately nothing happen , Just muddy wheels he he

.............god I need boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts