Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to possibly buy a supercharger for a Jeep SRT8. But they all seem to be around 6 grand are there cheaper ones maybe 4000 and under; or maybe a collection of mods that will give me similar results for under 4 grand.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Look in the Forsale section as SRTJake has a Vortech kit for around 4k and Untouchable has a Magnacharger forsale as well..... No brand new Supercharger will be under 4k......

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah man, for sale section will be your best bet. Even then you might need to replace or upgrade little things like spark plugs, injectors, MAP sensor, pulley, belt, hoses, clamps, etc. Then you'll also need a proper tune for in, which will require a Predator/Trinity/inTune and varies in price. Little and/or unanticipated things can add up quick.

A collection of mods won't yield the same results for the cost. These things would have a tough time equaling the potential of a blower...

Cam: ~$450
Heads: ~$2,000
Intake Manifold: ~$750
Throttle Body: ~$450
CAI: ~$325
Headers: ~$1,300
Tune: ~$200-$700

Save your nickles and dimes man, and just keep an eye out on forums' for sale section.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I am looking to possibly buy a supercharger for a Jeep SRT8. But they all seem to be around 6 grand are there cheaper ones maybe 4000 and under; or maybe a collection of mods that will give me similar results for under 4 grand.
Contact Jim at the HEMI SHOP i know he has a used one for sale.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Used supercharger is the best bang for the buck next to going the nitrous route.

Should be able to pick one up for the mid 3K range and have it installed for another 500-1K. Or you can do like some members and install it yourself if you are good with a wrench.

Jakes kit is the one to get if you are going to get one. I can't believe its still for sale.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I got a mint V2 Ttrim polished kit , PM me if you interested .

·
Registered
298 Posts
I dont think installing SC is only 500 to 1k.. it should be more

and it is bang for the buck if you can get all parts that you need for good price

I rather go with new or used kit so u know that you have all you need

the reason I bought mine brand new is not to blame anyone for not having few things here and there.. warranty

I already had issue with my bypass valve, and maggie sent me new one next day

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
You'll be looking at 1200-1600 in labor to instal most setups depending on how complex it is...then add in tuning, custom dyno tune will run you 500-750 depending on who does it and email custom tunes will still cost you 3-500 said and done. With most pre made superchargers, you have to factor in 2k for labor and tuning alone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.