Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to do plugs on the jeep? I want to do some maintenance and getting fresh plugs is on the list. Are there any how to guides or tips floating around?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not difficult at all. Takes maybe an hour or so but just time consuming not hard.
Besides plugs does anything else needed to be changed when replacing them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
906 Posts
Not really.

Just take the plastic half covers off. Remove the two small screws in each coil pack and pull them off. Then use an extension and a deep well socket with the rubber insert to remove the plugs. Two per cylinder.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Be very carefull when tighten them, because if they are over torqued you can ruin the threads, they are very sensitive...15ft/lbs is the max btw.

·
Registered
323 Posts
1/4 of a turn n they are good, i put a little dab of anti-sieze on the threads, its all up to u, check the coil boots, n get some electic grease in them,

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool guys, thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Not really.

Just take the plastic half covers off. Remove the two small screws in each coil pack and pull them off. Then use an extension and a deep well socket with the rubber insert to remove the plugs. Two per cylinder.
And when your done, make sure the rubber insert is still in the socket!! :eek: Don't ask why I know this... :D

·
Registered
858 Posts
And when your done, make sure the rubber insert is still in the socket!! :eek: Don't ask why I know this... :D
hahahah i have done this to,,, im like ,, WHY WONT IT GO IN !!! lol
i upgraded to magnetic socket soon after :)

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
Post #8 was the bumper... Not me. Oh crap!! Its almost bedtime...
I know but you answered a very old post. The bumper did his job and used the search. He should be applauded:clap: :clap: Now if we could just get everyone familiar with www.wkjeeps.com

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How hard is it to do plugs on the jeep? I want to do some maintenance and getting fresh plugs is on the list. Are there any how to guides or tips floating around?

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Update:

I took it to the dealer. I didn't have the time, plus it was snowing/cold when I was home from work that weekend.

BUMP :lol:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
104 Posts
This all started when we took the truck to the dealer for an alignment today. The truck is right under 60k and the service writer was telling my fiance that her SRT was do for major maintenance at 60k including........ spark plugs, they wanted $350 to do the plugs (I almost lol'd at him) then a tranny flush and a differential flush. The price for the last 2 items wasn't too bad. But im sure i can do the plugs myself.
Also he told her that the front right rim is bent, so ill be on the lookout for one of those for her 06.
Dealer price for a wheel was 1660.xx. yeah right!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts