Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been forwarded a suspicious PM concerning a possible scammer who sent a member a PM where the "interested buyer" was asking for full personal details. This is a new member who registered today with 0 posts.

Any member who has received a PM containing "...and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough", please FWD it to me ASAP so I can see how much of a problem this is and deal with it.

Members are always advised to use caution when buying anything, but I need more information. I have the luxury of being able to search registration e-mail addresses and I can tell you there is concern here.

Bernie

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had a PM sent to me with the exact same content, but with another F/S item. I can't read the PM's, but I am able to view his PM statistics. So far he's up to 20 and still going. DO NOT exchange any information with this scammer. I'll be banning him shortly and deleting all his PM's.

Those who have received one of these, do a Google of the e-mail address he gives and you'll see he's been around.

Bernie

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All done! Banned, IP banned and all PM's deleted. Anyone who received these will also find them gone in your PM inbox, at least I hope...haha.

Scumbag!

Bernie

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
3,176 Posts
I was just looking at those other sites. Anytime anyone says "present condition of the above mentioned" in a post/email, it's spam for sure. Bastards.

Reactions: Rambit

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Bernie, you are ruining my business man WTF?

· Banned
1,577 Posts
i had the biggiest feeling that it was a scamm....dumb scammer/phisher!

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Die Scammers!

· Premium Member
16,346 Posts
Best way to deal with these clowns is "PayPal only" they disappear really fast.
Don't you love when they offer to pay twice what your asking because they have randomly traveled outside of the US... :rofl:

Nice job picking that up Bernie.

· Registered
310 Posts
I got a pm to from this guy.... thought him needing me to tell him a little about myself was weird....

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Its crazy, at my job we run a barracuda spam filter appliance. Its up to a litttle over 3 million blocked emails a day.

Sometimes when it is slow I'll go in and ready some of the weird things people will ask for.

· Registered
118 Posts
I got hit up with the same thing on my Stock Exhaust ad.

Hello

I am interested in buying the Stock exhaust that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a Cashiers Cheque or Money Order.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Would you please reply back to me at: [email protected]

I will be looking forward to hear from you soon.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffith

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Prime example of why alother of forums require like 25 forum posts before you can PM or for sale ad can be placed.
We've tried that on other forums and it never worked out, same with the length of time registered. All it does is generate worthless filler posts to get to the magic number. When you think about it, how well do we really know anyone? All you have is their iTrader score, but members have been burned by longstanding members too. I bought a used Predator a few years ago from a guy with 6 posts without problems. It's the chance you take based on your gut feeling I guess and it's always a buyer beware thing. I'd never do a transaction through PayPal as a gift because they won't help you if you have a problem.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.