Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i bought a jeep 6 months ago and It has never had a catch can on it. It has 38,000 on it. I am buying one this week. Curious if i can do anything before putting the catch can on to maybe correct any damage or oil that has already made it past.

· Registered
374 Posts
Take the throttle body off and inspect the back side of the blade, if nasty clean it. Then take a flashlight and look into the manifold, look for oil pooling if it's bad you may want to remove it and throughly clean it.

Install catch can and keep an eye on it's collection level, especially in the winter.

· Registered
419 Posts
Get a can of Seafoam to clean it up until you get a catch can. Pull the PVC line and SLOWLY pour small amounts of Seamfoam into the line pausing a few seconds in between. On each gulp it will suck it down quick and almost stall the engine. Use about 1/2 to 2/3 of the can then pour the rest in the gas tank. Let it sit 10 minutes then fire it up and drive it like you stole it for 20 miles or so. White smoke will pour out of the exhaust when you first fire it and when you jump on it hard the first time then it will trail off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.