Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently stuck between a rock and a hard place... My CEL is on, and I need to pass emission, so I brought my jeep to the dealer to see whats up. Turns out my cats and O2s are bad. I got a replacement cost of 2200 bucks from the dealer, and close to that from a third party... but that is with using OEM parts. In the name of saving some $$, I've done a little searching, and found Magnaflow has a cat exhaust: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-49046/

I've heard the above cats will keep your CEL off, and allow you to pass emissions. Does anyone else have experience with these, or anything else that would be a less expensive alternative to OEM? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also- past the 80k mark… so warranty is out of the question :mad:

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I look look in the Parts forsale section and buy a used set of midpipes that has a good set of cats on them..... They go for a few hundred on here....

Reactions: Primer Gray

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, and good call. I've gotten a few replies through a WTB post.

Update on emissions- Cleared my code at a tune up shop last night, and drove about 25 miles to get a partial drive cycle in this morining before returing to take an emissions test. CEL stayed off, and I passed- without any repair or new cats. Its just a temporary fix to get through emissions, and I'm still looking for replacement parts, but thought I'd share in case anyone with a similar problem comes over this thread in the future.

Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Magnaflow piece will flow better in addition to replacing your cats. I would choose it over a stock replacement if you can afford that route. Also, Magnaflow/ Carsound makes cats for ~$60 each, but a shop will need to weld them in place.

Reactions: D VADER

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Magnaflow piece will flow better in addition to replacing your cats. I would choose it over a stock replacement if you can afford that route. Also, Magnaflow/ Carsound makes cats for ~$60 each, but a shop will need to weld them in place.
When you
go with the magnaflow, its a really nice piece.
are you familiar with where and how to weld the 02 sensors back on the old 02 sensors were in the car anyone have info on wether or not the codes will come back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is anyone familiar with how where if the 02 sensors go back on befor or after the cats or if codes will get thrown also magnaflow makes high flow cats and regular neither are direct fit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.