Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
Anyone going to Castrol this weekend ? Race season almost done :(
Im going to try to make it for Saturday!!!

Hopefully the weather is nice and cool so i can get a good run in!

Newfie.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Anyone going to Castrol this weekend ? Race season almost done :(
If I ever get my Jeep back I plan on getting out there at least once before it's all over. But I'm scared now seeing how some other poor bass turd only ran 12.9 @ only a weak weak 104mph with a Vortech and headers. Geez! I don't even have headers. I may throw up if that's all I hit. 12.9 would suck but without at least 108mph or so I'll be just crushed. I'm expecting mid 12's 12.4-12.7 around 108-110mph hopefully.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Why slow , whats the track Altitude and DA ?

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
You will get low 12s! That guy was pissed because he was the a month before in way better weather and went 12flat!
Stock jeeps run anywhere from 13.8-14.4 from what I've seen, he'll a hennessy ctsv was there running 12.9 with slicks!
There was a charger the from the lx forums that went 11.99 and he was a 426&blower!

Do yourself a favor and don't compare to the guys in good air cause it will kill you everytime.

Newfie

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Oh i see , So you have a 440 Now ?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DA is around 3500 feet at this track. Matt you should run around 12.5 - 12.4 at this track. Something is not right if that jeep is running 8 psi with headers ? When I just had the vortech,5psi and nothing else, I ran a pb of 12.0 and slowest of 12.8 at this track. I am now only running 6.5 to 7 psi boost with a 30 tooth pulley, cam, headers and hoping I don't get kicked off the track for going too fast.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Got yah , shat i hope to never see 12's on 3500DA , I went [email protected] on 2300+ DA and 90* humid weather and only making 6psi .. Anyways GL To you all and post up results ..

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
Lefty you also went 12.4 with the setup you have now so DA plays a huge factor!

So you can't compair yourself to what others ran, I went 12.8 with cam and headers and 12.6 with a 440. Weather plays a huge factor!

Newfie.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DA does play a big factor. But I have not ever been to the track since I got the 30 tooth pulley put in (Don't know what I will run ?) I gained 50hp and 35 pound TQ. Since the last time i was at the track. And the last time I was there DA was 3550 feet and ran 11.9

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
There is no doubt you jeep is a beast Lefty and i hope to see you get kicked off that would be awesome! and crazy fast!

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
is around 3500 feet at this track. Matt you should run around 12.5 - 12.4 at this track.
As long as I've been going there (1998) that elevation number is incorrect. Our altitude at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton, Alberta is only 2200 ft.

As for the second part? Whoo hoo! I hope to hit mid 12's at hopefully close to 110mph or so.

Thanks man, I have enjoyed watching your 11.7 runs at over 115mph!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
But I have not ever been to the track since I got the 30 tooth pulley put in (Don't know what I will run ?) I gained 50hp and 35 pound TQ. 11.9
Holy sheight!!!!
50 horse!!!???? From the 30 tooth???? Wow I have one too but I left it out at first because you have to break the warranty tabs on the blower to change it and I figured I'd try the standard 32 tooth first. That's awesome to know I have the better part of 50 more horses waiting. Sweet. Well with no cam or headers it's probably more like 35 horse, but still great news. Thanks again bud!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Break the warranty ?? Cmom man LOL Trow that 30T on there .. I picked up 41 AWHP on yet an even more conservative tune ..

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Matt, I'm not saying the track elevation is 3500 feet, it is 2200 feet. I'm saying the DA is about 3600 feet. Current DA today at Castrol is 3941 feet. Here is the linkhttp://airdensityonline.com/trackresults.phf?trackname=Castrol%Raceway It takes elevation,temp,barometer pressure,humidity,into consideration. I est. 6% performance lost per 1000 feet. So, almost 24% less performance than someone running at sea level with perfect weather conditions.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I watched your vid Mike. If that yellow chalenger is the one I saw before. He sent it to the state's to get the mods done. Over 1000 hp, should be a low 10's or 9 sec car. He has not worked the bugs out of it yet and he needs some pratice...can't dive it very well!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts