Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I just typed a big thread and my internet screwed up..

Long story short..

I used a automatic car wash like i ALWAYS do.. And the wheel stopped decided to eat my bumper, it was broken and I didnt know. Sticking strait up.

Ripped the whole bottom of my bumper and mangled the metal support.

I find out tomorrow if the car wash is going to pay for it or not. I spoke with the owner.

Ugh, just the way I wanted to end the year.

I have also read they stopped selling the 06 style bumpers? So its a good possibility that I will have a full painted front bumper and black insert rear bumper..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sorry to hear and see, I'm a car wash maniac. I'll typically wash the
jeep 3 times weekly, and have seen many horror stories.
Car wash owners typically say FU.....to any responsibility.
Make sure you've got ur pics and document the conversations ect.
Get ready for small claims court!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn that sucks :( let us know how it turns out.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if the car wash owner calls me tomorrow, and says they will not fix it.. I will contact my insurance and tell them what happend, and they will fix my car. If they need to go to court they will sue the car wash themselves. I will park outside the car was and tell everyone not to use it.

While waiting on the sheriff I saw a yellow corvette pull in, I told him not to. And what happend with me.

He said the same thing happend to his vette a month ago, he had issues with the wheel stopper, and the garage door shut on his car. Owner said he shouldnt have backed up and didnt pay him anything. As I was talking to him the manager on duty came out and pretty much told me to stop talking to him. And told him "my boss is on the cameras, and told me to give you 3 free car washes"

After the guy got his car wash, he pulled over and checked out my ride. He gave me his name and number and told me if they gave any issues and I had to go to court he would come in and tell them what his issues with them are.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear and see this :( Not a way to start the year.

I'd imagine if it was the roller broken, they would have to cover it. I know at some automatic washes here, if your car is low or you have chrome/custom rims, you must sign a waiver. Let us know

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Sorry to hear that....Hope they pay for it.

That is why i do not use car washes. I only hand wash my ride even during the winter. The only exception is when it's really grimey then I go to a touchless car wash (no rollers, no tracks) then I go home and hand wash it.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope they make it right.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it sucks. I'm more mad about having to deal with this whole getting it fixed crap. Than I am my jeep is messed up. I'll let u guys know what happens.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear that....Hope they pay for it.

That is why i do not use car washes. I only hand wash my ride even during the winter. The only exception is when it's really grimey then I go to a touchless car wash (no rollers, no tracks) then I go home and hand wash it.
This was a touch less. Has side rails but I never touch them. Just the little speed bump that tells you when to stop is what did all the damage.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
The touchless I used does have a speed bump, it is only really a mat to indicate where to stop. The car washing machine is what actually moves around the vehicle.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah kind of hard to explain. We have a couple different ones here. Going to get a couple estimates now.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The touchless I used does have a speed bump, it is only really a mat to indicate where to stop. The car washing machine is what actually moves around the vehicle.
I use that type from time to time in the winter to get the salt off. Leaves the car looking like crap though so have to finish with some griots speed shine.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK.... Got some estimates...

1600$ to fix it..

Called the owner of the car wash and he said he would talk to his insurance guy and get back with me tomorrow after I get one more estimate. (A place that has very good reviews, they were closed today)

Said he would write me a check to get it fixed. And he is replacing all of the stoppers in his car wash to a different type. A pressure plate, so it doesnt get near the car. You just pull onto the plate and stop. Instead of something that actually stops your car.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
That's great news man. Looks like the owner wants to do the right thing. Go to a high end body shop that charges a lot of money.

A stopper plate, that's what the carwash that I use have.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ill confirm that none of the new bumpers come with the textured plastic centers anymore. I believe they changed manufacturers, and Roush make the covers now.

I felt the same way as you, but I got over it after a bit :)

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the 1700$ check yesterday. Jeep is going to the body shop Monday probably.

Can't wait to get it fixed.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Got the 1700$ check yesterday. Jeep is going to the body shop Monday probably.

Can't wait to get it fixed.
was it the carwash owner or your insurance company that cut the check?

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Ouch! Glad they are going to fix it. See you Tuesday.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
was it the carwash owner or your insurance company that cut the check?
Car wash owner cut me a personal check. He did not want to claim something so small through his insurance as he has a. 1000$ deductible and his rates will go up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.