Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or do you know if there's an option for carbon fiber window trim to replace the chrome? I'd love to see a picture of a brilliant black with this done if someone out there has one. Would look killer matched with carbon fiber rear badge plate.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Buy some di noc carbon fiber film and wrap it. Also, I saw at autozone yesterday they have a 3m carbon fiber window trim that sticks over the chrome

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies fellas, i'm going to check into the carbon fiber wrap. Not sure if I want to go paint matched or carbon fiber accents as I start deleting chrome. Taking delivery on 3/1.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Quick and easy would be plasti dip the chrome trim. Rip it off down the road if you don't like it or you change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Quick and easy would be plasti dip the chrome trim. Rip it off down the road if you don't like it or you change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Let me know what you come up with...I priced out the trim and with the rear windows ( there built in or so they say) its about $800 thats $200 each rear window.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Remember its not just along the bottom edge this time its a full ring around the windows...and the back corner is going to be a pain with tape...

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Remember its not just along the bottom edge this time its a full ring around the windows...and the back corner is going to be a pain with tape...
I had the same thought, the rear bottom corner is HUGE. Wrap or spray would be best. Plus making that sharp angle would be hard with tape to make it seamless.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know, my priority is fit and finish and it sounds like both methods might jeopardize that. I have no qualms with having a good shop remove the trip, strip the chrome and paint match. Has anyone here done that?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
There are hyrdographics. That might be something to look into.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.