Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to notice the trim right next to my passenger's air vent is loose. It's loose enough to where I can stick my finger tip behind it. Has anyone experienced this?

Would this be something covered under the 36K mile BTB warranty?

These pictures don't do it justice, it's noticeable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes this is a known issue and the dealer will replace it for free under warranty. That same piece on mine bowed out in the middle and they changed out all the pieces on the dash.

·
Registered
365 Posts
mine was rear pass door and 60 % was off , dealer said maxxcare warr.. doesnt cover it ! went hm depot got glue and did it myself !

cheap ass glue im guess'n they used !

Neil

·
Registered
169 Posts
my warranty doesnt cover this either. I have 2 pieces missing ($900) and this piece hanging. Any suggestion on a glue to use?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my warranty doesnt cover this either. I have 2 pieces missing ($900) and this piece hanging. Any suggestion on a glue to use?
Dayum, I thought mine was bad. Try using some 3M contact cement. You have to apply it to both surfaces, let it dry for a few seconds then press them together. It works well.

Looks something like this...

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealership as to whether they are going to fix mine under warranty. If not, I'll be using some of this stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2012 - Dealer replaced all the trim for no charge, they were happy to do so, mine was on the doors... They should cover though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It wont be covered under any extended warranty but should be under original factory 3 year 36,000 warranty. I'm pretty sure Jeep even had a customer satisfaction notification. They thought they fixed it, but obviously not.

http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/csn_wk2_N0613.pdf
thanks for sharing. I am asking Jeep now why this was not applied to my vehicle in hopes of getting the service needed done without shelling $1000 for the missing panels. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2012 - Dealer replaced all the trim for no charge, they were happy to do so, mine was on the doors... They should cover though.
are you the original owner? when did you replace? do you have an extended Mopar warranty on your truck?

sorry for the 21 questions...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dayum, I thought mine was bad. Try using some 3M contact cement. You have to apply it to both surfaces, let it dry for a few seconds then press them together. It works well.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealership as to whether they are going to fix mine under warranty. If not, I'll be using some of this stuff.

If it comes down to it I will use this. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it comes down to it I will use this. thanks for sharing.
Ok wait... just so you know, I have no idea if that's the proper way to fix this issue. Someone asked about what glue to use and I remembered that's the glue we use in the aviation industry to adhere rubber trim and stuff.

But if you plan on gluing it, this product works well. [/disclaimer] :smile2:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ok wait... just so you know, I have no idea if that's the proper way to fix this issue. Someone asked about what glue to use and I remembered that's the glue we use in the aviation industry to adhere rubber trim and stuff.

But if you plan on gluing it, this product works well. [/disclaimer] :smile2:

thanks for the fine print disclaimer! :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

I will remember this if mine ever starts doing it.

Thanks dude.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wonder if heat/cooling cycles are a factor. Or maybe just extreme heat from parking in the summer sun (if anyone here does that that it has happened to). Or maybe just shit design we are all destined to experience one day.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I wonder if heat/cooling cycles are a factor. Or maybe just extreme heat from parking in the summer sun (if anyone here does that that it has happened to). Or maybe just shit design we are all destined to experience one day.
Shit glue.

Yesterday was 100 degrees when I touched it and it popped off on one side. Then I noticed the front doors are doing it too.

I'm going to take this info to them today even though mine is a 2013 and see what they do..

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/158-wk2-srt8-troubleshooting-problems-discussion-dealer-service/74047-interior-carbon-fiber-trim-delamination-covered-chrysler.html

I only have 15K miles on the rig for ****s sake.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shit glue.

Yesterday was 100 degrees when I touched it and it popped off on one side. Then I noticed the front doors are doing it too.

I'm going to take this info to them today even though mine is a 2013 and see what they do..

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/158-wk2-srt8-troubleshooting-problems-discussion-dealer-service/74047-interior-carbon-fiber-trim-delamination-covered-chrysler.html

I only have 15K miles on the rig for ****s sake.
They should fix it at no cost. I just got an email reply from my dealership, the service manager said it's covered under the basic 36K mile warranty.

I'm scheduling them to replace mine and do the software update to the shifter at the same time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think its a combination of shitty design, shitty glue, and summertime heat. I'm in south Louisiana and it's been 93 almost every day for the past month. I'm sure that goes up to about 120 inside a closed up vehicle. And you can't leave a window cracked, that's a sure way to make it rain.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I just wonder if the replacement parts have better glue or if it is going to happen again in another couple of years..

1 - 20 of 122 Posts