Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this truck 10 days ago, and I can't stop spending $$ or

stop thinking...

I was gonna wait until summer for tune and CAI, but after reading many thread regarding power gain.. I just wanted to be part of it!!!

damng.. someone needs help here

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hahaha, this forum makes it 100 times worse. There's a thread on this right now that i started, couple really expensive stories :D I've put down over 4 grand in 4 months and i'm on the lower end of most guys....

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I joined this forum swearing up and down I was gonna leave it stock. Boy did I lie to you guys and myself. ;)

That was around $18k in mods ago in the year I've owned it. And guess what? I'm not done yet. LOL! It really is addictive, especially if you start drag racing it.

Wish I could help you man, but all I'm likely to do is egg you on to make it faster. I mean that's really why your inner self bought it, right? :rolleyes:

wink

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
This is what you have to do. Set a goal and stick with it. 1 thing is you have to be happy with the out come. In my case both me and the wife are retired so i have to watch where the money goes but i went out to only spend 600 bux and thats all i did and im happy so far lol. I have met my goals and then some. 1 other thing for me is i have a 7/100,000 exstended warranty that i dont want to lose with a lot of mods. Remember HP COST MONEY LOL.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im right there with ya, had mine for a week and a half, already spent 400, with over another 1000 planned for next week, just waitin to sell some rims :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
:lol: i love it!!! great to know i'm not alone

·
Registered
475 Posts
Bought it in Feb this year and I can't stop I keep telling myself that once I get that I'm good but then I see something else.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
: (

I guess there is not cure...

damn..

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
The cure is to buy more mods..

I too bought it and told myself I wouldnt mod it near as much as my ram was.. Which im still sticking to that story.. but Ive alread dropped 2k $ on it..

And going to get dyno tuned tomorrow..

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
We are all diseased..........:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
We are all diseased..........:eek:
u aint kidding. i said about a month ago im not doing anything untill after my wedding in may and so far i hav gotten a cam/headres(not installed yet) stage 2 intake manifold TB got that powdercoated. a trinity new tires and some money sent too johan for new revisions plus some weather tech mats and a few other parts painted.. its tought. and now ill have to pay to get the cam and headers installed.lol. then i think my next move is heads and blowe.... its fun:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
no cure. just hold on for the ride. I find myself making lunch and trying to justify my purchases. " Well, I ate lunch from home this week saved $50.00... now need the 1,200$ Corsa " hahahahahahhahah!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol...... all you guys have your own stories..

Well.. I am married and being very careful so she won't notice much difference..

My wife is pretty numb if it comes to car which is good

she didn't even noticed difference when I upgraded my Turbo on b5 s4... basically it went to 300 to 450hp.. but she said it is fast.. and it was fast....

: )

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
hahhah it VERY VERY addicting !!!
Never thought id be spending that much on itt !!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Welcome to my world! I got a Vette two years ago and never planned to mod it and I still haven't stopped and now that I picked up this truck, the list keeps going on and on for what to do! It's a bad habit and addiction

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I told myself I wasnt moding either...I have no self control :) Only thing I dont mod are beaters when I have them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts