Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new GC. Can I launch my 2020 GC SRT after 500 miles ( the break in period) or should I wait until it has more mileage?

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I remember correctly, my '18 SRT would not allow me to put it in launch mode until after I had 500+ miles. In any case, yes, definitely break her in before using launch control for the first time. Enjoy!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice colour! I prefer the revised front bumper too.
You don't really need the launch control, just use 'track' mode and mash the pedal from a standstill and your results will be the same. I doubt the launch hurts anything as it only sits at revs for a few seconds before releasing/forcing re-start if you don't get moving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice colour! I prefer the revised front bumper too.
You don't really need the launch control, just use 'track' mode and mash the pedal from a standstill and your results will be the same. I doubt the launch hurts anything as it only sits at revs for a few seconds before releasing/forcing re-start if you don't get moving.
Actually launch control is better for the vehicle. It preloads the moving parts so they already have tension on them rather then all am of them getting power instantly at the same time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just remember that the ECU stores how many 'launch controls' you do. You can pre-load the drive train yourself and get a great launch however and the ECU won't store that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts