Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Quit messing around on the interwebs and install those midpipes...lol
It’s been a busy weekend, I’ve had my grandson all weekend, so the wife had me build him a play area, sand box etc, He’s 3, but.... I did do something else or doing something today

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I received my eibach hardware kit, what am I not using here ? Also I ordered the lower isolators part#52089330AB

·
Contributing Member
4,581 Posts
Not using those big fu£kin spacers. Slide the bump stops into the smaller ones and run the bolt up through.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’m off for 4 days this weekend, gonna attempt to lower it myself, plus the isolators came in

·
Contributing Member
4,581 Posts
Are you doing the front? If so, you will need to remove the axle nut off. Otherwise, you will rip the boot or dislodge the axle. It makes life a lot easier. Do not try to force the knuckle down to get the strut on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I thought about doing it myself, they were supposed to do it today but never got back to me, scheduling or something with being booked, but I thought about the axle nut, 24mm?

·
Contributing Member
4,581 Posts
Again, great time to replace your upper and lower control arms. It's a lot of work to have to do it again. Once your start loosening bushings, they will show the age real quick. Alignment will be affected.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, 1 the lower control arms showed up they are at the parts store but not the tops, the guy said bring it in, we will do the struts than next week we will do the control arms real quick and align it, but now he’s struggling getting the struts out lol, I said soak everything and do the rear than go back to the front, now he wants me to order the clevis for the struts so I can just replace everything but the dealer has none in stock Fml,

·
Contributing Member
4,581 Posts
The guy working on it sounds like a fu€kin clown. The bolt will probably be have to cut if he can not get it out. He needs to heat it and hammer the shit out of it instead of giving up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
He said he didn’t want to add heat cause the strut is gas filled, I said pull everything out and do it on the ground, he just did the rear, kinda pist honestly, but I’ll tackle it myself tonight ,

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well... I got the passenger side done and let me tell you, it was a bish, we couldn’t get the bottoms clevis bolt out, with heat, beating it, i don’t see how it is seized in there because, the upper and lower control arms look new, I had to go buy a new impact, that didn’t work, my friend helping me out has a huge shop, so we drove to his shop grabbed his 3/4” impact and got the nut loose, but the bolt would not budge, couldn’t find my dam 36mm axle socket, so we had to run to Orieleys to pick one up at 10 till closing time, we finally got it out and fought to get it back in, but it’s done ! Now after I got it on the ground at look at the new struts and the original one, and I see a bump stop in the old one, but not the new ones, wtf? Do I need this in there?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I didn’t open the boxes so I don’t what what was in there, but you figure the tire shop guy would have known .... I’ll probably have to break it down and do that one myself for the driver side , smh!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well I got this one fixed this morning, now I have to completely disassemble the other side to get it fixed

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got the driver side knocked out, in like 5 hours cause just like the other side it was seized up, but I went back and disassembled the passenger side, took the spring/strut back to the tire shop and reassembled everything back in an hour and a half !

21 - 36 of 36 Posts