Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the Eibachs today, just waiting on the pro installation kit from Eibach, I’m gonna drop the front springs, mounts and struts to get preassembled tomorrow! I’m excited !

·
Contributing Member
4,579 Posts
Ummmmmm, you are missing a critical piece to the struts you just put together.

Holy hell!

·
Contributing Member
4,579 Posts
If hardware kit you mean the lower rubber shim, then yes.

·
Contributing Member
4,579 Posts
Have you ever installed struts on a AWD vehicle before?

Also, If you are not replacing supporting parts such as upper control arms and LCA's, they will wear out faster, or show they are worn out with new struts.

·
Contributing Member
4,579 Posts
You will need #52089331AC... insulator/shim for the lower perch. Huge mistake by the installer. I would not let them touch your vehicle for install if that's your plan. Jesus.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a well known tire store in town , I will look up that shim and let them know , I thought that master pro box would have everything in there, maybe it comes with the eibach kit?
I was going to pick up the bushings for the front suspension this week so I can do it all at the same time

·
Contributing Member
4,579 Posts
Regardless if the "kit" came with it or not, the fact that the installer left it out is scary stuff. A well known shop doesnt mean they dont have idiots working there.

It would be cheaper to but whole new control arms, rather than paying the hourly rate of installing new bushings. They have to be removed anyhow. You have already put in inferior parts to OEM spec, so go with Moog control arms.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts