Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to put an informational post in this forum so those who are looking to get a new cam for the holidays aren't disappointed like I was.

Long story short.....

The cam listed on the BWoody site as the 'FRI Littleboy' cam including specs of a FRI Littleboy cam is very different. At the bottom of their listing for this cam it even states 'Please note this is no longer manufactured by FRI this is a replica of the little boy cam.'. It is still being advertised this way after I brought it to their attention. And I did confirm with BWoody and the supplier BWoody uses that the cam I had is the one they were supposed to ship. So there was no accident and the wrong cam shipped.

The BWoody 'littleboy' cam is 221/227 @ .050. 545/544 with 113 LSA.
Whereas the FRI Littleboy is 214/218 @ .050. 565/555 and 114 LSA. (same specs they are advertising as of 10 minutes ago when I copied the quote above)

Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way and get the wrong one installed (no cam card or markings on the box so I couldnt have known). Then when I figured it all out I ordered the cam from Modern Warfare Performance and had the install done again.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yup I have heard of this going on over at Bwoody.... Not good man...

Reactions: Marauder

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not good at all.

I do want to clarify the way I found out the specs on the cam I originally got. I had to call and pester the folks at Lunati to decode the stampings on the cam AFTER I had it installed and the jeep wouldnt run. Luckily I had my mechanic, who is a friend of mine also, take a pic of the stampings for me before he installed it. I was there to help as a second set of hands. Luckily I was and asked him!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Not good at all.

I do want to clarify the way I found out the specs on the cam I originally got. I had to call and pester the folks at Lunati to decode the stampings on the cam AFTER I had it installed and the jeep wouldnt run. Luckily I had my mechanic, who is a friend of mine also, take a pic of the stampings for me before he installed it. I was there to help as a second set of hands. Luckily I was and asked him!
Damn that sucks man...... Yeah some shady shat going on over there......

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep... Lesson learned. I bought it from a member on this site who failed to disclose the fact it came from BWoody and not MWP.

I have since ordered one from MWP and had it swapped out. But that's hundreds and hundreds of dollars later.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yep... Lesson learned. I bought it from a member on this site who failed to disclose the fact it came from BWoody and not MWP.

I have since ordered one from MWP and had it swapped out. But that's hundreds and hundreds of dollars later.
Yeah I remember when this came up a while ago and Chris from MWP was made aware of this issue....

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Glad you posted this as i had no idea. And ive been looking at the little boy cams.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I got a fri little boy cam from Bwoody. And the cam was definitely made by Frank Racing.

But then again... My cam was purchased and installed over a year ago. Maybe things have changed?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I knew shit would hit the fan on this one , I knew about this a while back and did in fact comment about this , Also Chris @ FRI and I had a talked about this a few back .

Reactions: mklaus

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
So wait a minute here, are you saying he had a copy (fake) of this newer revised LilBoy & nobody even Mike knew it?

Jim

Originally the LB cams were on a 114LSA.

What I am stating is that there are 113 LSA little boy camshafts.

There are those who feel ALL FRI LB cams are on a 114, which is not the case.

Not sure what Mike had, has.. I dont even know who Mike is.

Clarifying the statement.

_
-Jim

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I'm confused... Is he selling his cam on an "FRI" cam.. Is he selling it as an "FRI" and its not??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Originally the LB cams were on a 114LSA.

What I am stating is that there are 113 LSA little boy camshafts.

There are those who feel ALL FRI LB cams are on a 114, which is not the case.

Not sure what Mike had, has.. I dont even know who Mike is.

Clarifying the statement.

_
-Jim

I have read a few threads where guys asked for a 113 and they got it. I dont recall the threads titles but I read it when initially trying to pick the cam I wanted. so I certainly believe they are out there. But my impression was they were/are special order.

Mike is the manager of BWoody. And who I notified a few months ago about the discrepancy between what they are advertising versus what they are having their supplier ship out now.

Per a discussion I had with Mike after I did a ton of research and laid all the facts out to him, they had gotten their supplier to start shipping a Little Boy 'Alternative' sometime in the recent past. They just didn't tell their customers and to this day havent change their website to reflect the correct specs. (Per Mike, when they first started selling the Little boy cam they had an original cam sent away and measured by a cam grinder and copied exactly.)

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I have read a few threads where guys asked for a 113 and they got it. I dont recall the threads titles but I read it when initially trying to pick the cam I wanted. so I certainly believe they are out there. But my impression was they were/are special order.

Mike is the manager of BWoody. And who I notified a few months ago about the discrepancy with what they are advertising versus what they are having their supplier ship out now.

Per a discussion I had with Mike after I did a ton of research and laid all the facts out to him, they had gotten their supplier to start shipping a Little Boy 'Alternative' sometime in the recent past. They just didn't tell their customers and to this day havent change their website to reflect the correct specs.
OK.
And yes, they are special order.
Selling an 'alternative' cam to whats received is definitely BS!
Hope it all got straightened out.

-Jim

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
^^ Post removed. You are advertising here PERIOD by means of defending your business. That's all I will say about that. I will entertain your PM if you feel it's necessary.

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
bennzsrt8, your post is more suitable to be posted in the review thread as you are including the original seller of the cam in question. Your post would be allowable in that thread based on personal experience with this vendor. This thread is considered as informational only for the membership. I'll give you some time to copy/paste your post if you so choose and then delete it from this thread. Thanks!

REVIEW THREAD

EDIT: From your PM and as an employee you also will not be permitted to comment in this or the review thread.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts