Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am finally getting around to upgrading to a CAI.... wondering what everyone thought ...
BWoody or Mopar? And also slowly wanting to do more when the budget allows....what do you think I should do next for around 1k? Thanks in advance for all of the help.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Bwoody looks better, no difference in performance. Assuming you havent already, trinity and crm tune is next up to fit into your budget.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yup as stated above they are similar in performance, comes down to looks... Also a tuner and a custom tune will wake your beast up real nice! :D

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Flip a coin

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
what mods have you done already?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have a bwoody,bt catch can and a predator sport with a cold air intake and 93 octane tune and I ran 13.05 at the track. my opinion is to get a bwoody for the air flow under the car instead of the warm engine air on top.

·
Registered
785 Posts
also in my opinion is would get a bwoody,bt catch can along with a tuner and a custom tune for 1K.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Nothing pulls air like the AFE stage 2. Massive air filter and intake. Pulls air from front grill

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
My dual snorkel volant runs 1-3 degrees above ambient temp. Can't argue that it isn't being a true cold air intake!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
414 Posts
volant quality sucks, get the afe :)

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Nothing pulls air like the AFE stage 2. Massive air filter and intake. Pulls air from front grill

I beg to differ.......;) :lol:

I know I know..... it's not for the street, but still.:D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Most guys have the bwoody. I enjoy it myself, and its a nice CAI until I go FI.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Bwoody is great 'bang for buck" intake .. until you get into serious modding the Bwoody intake will suit you just fine IMO !

·
Registered
810 Posts
Totally agree with the AFE filters being some of the best. Here is a filter upgrade if you decide to go with the MOPAR CAI, the filter that comes with it will wear out after a couple of cleaning cycles.....The AFE is twice as large as the Mopar filter, has the velocity stack built into the rubber flange, 4" dia. pipe inlet, stainless mesh to protect the filter, fits the Mopar filter box perfectly.....its a perfect replacement IMO if you have to buy a new filter for the MOPAR CAI.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts