·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which spring gets the nod for:

Ease of install
Ride
Ride height

It seems the Eibach require a bunch of BS to get right.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Install is the same....

Ride quality.....Bwoody is softer but the 1.7" rear drop bottoms more and bottoms harder.

Ride height.....here is a pic of my silver Jeep with the Eibachs and Ekaz's Jeep with the RM/Bwoody 1.0"f/1.7"r springs:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting that picture!
Also, did you just cut your factory bumpstops? From what I've read if I get the Eibachs and not do that I'm gonna have a rough ride.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Thanks for posting that picture!
Also, did you just cut your factory bumpstops? From what I've read if I get the Eibachs and not do that I'm gonna have a rough ride.
If you get a new Eibach kit, you just don't use the tall spacers that they send you. Just use the smaller cup and the Eibach bumpstop.....you either need a smaller bolt, or I think you may be able to use the factory bolt.

My kit is one of the very first ones before they included spacers, so I just cut my factory tower down and used the full Eibach bumpstop.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for the quick help, sincerely.

There's a hot rod shop near me that I'm gonna have put them on, I'm sure they can get the bolt that I may need.

I read a thread the other day pertaining to bumpstops that honestly had my head spinning....lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Eibach may be more complicated to install with all BS

but it won't rust lie bwoody spring...

I would go with more reputable brand

·
Registered
128 Posts
damn that silver jeep looks sick. i want mine to sit exactly like that. What do you have in the front and rear? im doing that exact set up

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Dan (silver Jeep) has the Eibach springs in his Jeep....the other one has the Bwoody's.

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
Eibach has no BS install issue , like Dan said just DO NOT USE THE BIG SILVER SPACER . All is required is a 2" long bolt to fit the smaller spacer and can be found at any parts store . So basically bring in the long bolt that comes with the kit and ask for the same bolt but in the shorter size , I used a 2" long one found at pepboys .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Eibach has no BS install issue , like Dan said just DO NOT USE THE BIG SILVER SPACER . All is required is a 2" long bolt to fit the smaller spacer and can be found at any parts store . So basically bring in the long bolt that comes with the kit and ask for the same bolt but in the shorter size , I used a 2" long one found at pepboys .
Thanks M4x! Thats all I needed to hear. I'm ordering Eibach's this weekend!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can I get a confirmation on the part #? ...2892.540

1 - 12 of 12 Posts