Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering from the guys running these how much of a difference can you tell? Also how many mounts are there total? I know of only two but saw somewhere it looked like 8? Thinking of getting a some. Also wondering if anyone knows of an upgrade to just the trans mounts as well.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
I only know of 2 and I just had my motor out.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
We run them on out turbo kits. Zero engine flex. I haven't installed mine yet. They're on the way. Turbo kits put a good strain on the stock mounts from the flex then the snap when the BOV opens. We recommend these pretty highly. After driving/tuning Keoni's Jeep, we decided they're a must for us.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I have access to car lifts and a full shop is this something I could install myself? If anyone could pm me a details of doing this project that's would be great. I'm pretty sure I'm n need of these, what I have come to think is that there is too much flex in my driveline causing driveline angles to be thrown off. I had a new rear shaft put in 30k ago and it's pretty much going again and now I'm having a front put in too. Looking under the jeep you can tell the angles just don't look right.. I also for some odd reason after installing high flow mid pipes with the X pipe my front shaft has rubbed on them it seems to me that the motor is sitting entirely too low. There is maybe only 1/4 of an inch gap between them. Had the stealer ship look at it and they were as completely useless. I told them to check motor and tranny mounts, guess they didn't teach that in school. So this weekend I'm gonna have to do it the correct way.. Any info as far as beefing up tranny mounts as well?

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Yeah, i got those motor mounts in as well. i like them especially with the cam installed, nice little shake going on.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Thanks for the info, I have access to car lifts and a full shop is this something I could install myself? If anyone could pm me a details of doing this project that's would be great. I'm pretty sure I'm n need of these, what I have come to think is that there is too much flex in my driveline causing driveline angles to be thrown off. I had a new rear shaft put in 30k ago and it's pretty much going again and now I'm having a front put in too. Looking under the jeep you can tell the angles just don't look right.. I also for some odd reason after installing high flow mid pipes with the X pipe my front shaft has rubbed on them it seems to me that the motor is sitting entirely too low. There is maybe only 1/4 of an inch gap between them. Had the stealer ship look at it and they were as completely useless. I told them to check motor and tranny mounts, guess they didn't teach that in school. So this weekend I'm gonna have to do it the correct way.. Any info as far as beefing up tranny mounts as well?

Let me know how it goes and if it cures your famous vibration at 70 mph.....

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

Chris did you ever get these Bwoody motor mounts install?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Are these solid mounts or rubber?

If you go solid, the trans mounts must be changed accordingly correct?
Im thinking the motor mounts and trans mounts need to be the same...

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
If the engine mounts are solid, the tranny shouldn't move bc it's attached to the engine.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
So... I guess the next question is, which is better? Solid or rubber mounts?

Is it about HP / TQ?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hmmmm, looks like i need to give brad a call and see if he used these..

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris did you ever get these Bwoody motor mounts install?
No not yet, what I noticed the other day was while watching the motor if it was shifted from P to R there was a slight lift on the drivers side but very small. If I revved it quick there was a very noticeable lift on the driver side. So taking this in to consideration with the fact that my front drive shaft has been hitting my new mid pipes which I posted in another thread. So if under acceleration the driver side of the motor is lifting up that would make sense as to why they are making contact. So it's looking like as soon as can scrap some money up this will be my next on the to do list.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
No not yet, what I noticed the other day was while watching the motor if it was shifted from P to R there was a slight lift on the drivers side but very small. If I revved it quick there was a very noticeable lift on the driver side. So taking this in to consideration with the fact that my front drive shaft has been hitting my new mid pipes which I posted in another thread. So if under acceleration the driver side of the motor is lifting up that would make sense as to why they are making contact. So it's looking like as soon as can scrap some money up this will be my next on the to do list.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad
Ok Thanks bro! Keep us posted man.... The way to check a engine mount is to open the hood and have someone check to see if the engine is shifting to one side when you put it in either Drive or Reverse. Next apply the brakes hard and then give it some gas and have that person see if you engine is shifting or not... I had an engine mount go out on me in an old 1985 Dodge Diplomat cop car I had and the engine would shift on me, so i ended up replacing both engine mounts...

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Just curios, has anybody had the stock motor mounts fail on them?
I still have stockers... However, I do have torque limiters on the bell housing and on the transfer case, so I'm sure they have been helping out.

I also bookmarked the BWoody solid motor mount page :D Not sure what to do...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.