Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what people thought about buying a rebuilt Jeep SRT8 with salvage history. It is a 2007 with 34000 miles on the car. Was told it runs fine except that there is something wrong with the traction control system. What do you guys think would be a fair offer for me and the seller the Jeep has no mods. Was thinking about putting a Vortech in my future SRT8 though. Do you think putting a Vortech in a rebuilt Jeep is wise?

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
skip it unless you are going to get the traction system fixed. And it must be expensive to fix if they are not willing to fix it before selling it.

With vortech power only going to one wheel, you will be laying tire all over the place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This Jeep has had 3 owners the original owner who crashed it. The 2nd who rebuilt it and the 3rd who is selling it to me after buying it for him and his wife to share. The wife does not like the power and poor mpg so he is selling it. The traction control started acting up after the 3rd owner. Said something about it slipping sometimes.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Wonder if the tranny got messed up from the original wreck & is now going out because of it. Might explain the slipping they are experiencing.

Jim

+1. When the traction control kicks in on these, they just fall on their face for a second, then start to pull again. It doesn't feel like a slip at all, more like total loss of power. Slipping would be in the transmission.

·
Sur Askdalotte
2,482 Posts
This Jeep has had 3 owners the original owner who crashed it.
Red flags # 1 & 2

The traction control started acting up after the 3rd owner. Said something about it slipping sometimes.
Red flag # 3

It would be very difficult to come up with a fair price not knowing what it's going to take to fix it - it could be hundreds... or thousands. I'd pass, there are plenty of used SRT's out there and some really good deals if you look hard enough.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
too many unknowns, stay away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.