Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive seen a few videos on youtube of our rigs doing priddy cool burnouts! now ive also seen a few doin dynos but are running RWD so figured that those doing the burnouts are RWD....BUT i came across others where they say its stock AWD and how they hold the brake and mash the gas....is this possible?? Now i dont want to always do burnouts but once in a blue it would be nice to show off a little LOL ...is it possible to do it in AWD and if so (im guessing it is) but is it bad?? haha thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha ok ...now excuse my ignorance here but how would you go about doing that?? is it a tough job to do? is it worth it just for a bit of fun every now and then? and if you remove it does that mean the rig is RWD for driving use?? thanks again

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
At least let the guy know that he may have to go to the dealer to get the SERVICE 4WD light shut off after he does this........:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
On my 07 that I used I have...I had a bran new t case put in thanks to Chrysler n about 2 weeks later if I held the break n floored the gas long enough it would burn out n no 4wd service light

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
On my 07 that I used I have...I had a bran new t case put in thanks to Chrysler n about 2 weeks later if I held the break n floored the gas long enough it would burn out n no 4wd service light
That's b/c you had a problem with a TCase motor, not the TCase. The motor is what engages the front drive. If you have a bad motor, you can sit there and fry your back tires until they blow.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
At least let the guy know that he may have to go to the dealer to get the SERVICE 4WD light shut off after he does this........:rolleyes:
Okay.....

OP, you'll probably have to go to the dealership to have your SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM light warning turned off if you do waht you want to do.:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha well if the warning is still there but there is no problem..i couldnt really care :p ...i took it out anyway haha and did a quick burnout, except only one wheel was spinning! i had esp off, auto , held the brake and floored....then tried it in 2nd still only one wheel spinning!! haha but a lot of smoke LOL

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
You'll always get one wheel spinning. We have open diffs not a LSD or posi.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm i see...so both will never spin then! guess ive never really looked out for it in the videos but spose you cant really see both sides! anyway to get both to spin?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
curious tho in this video looks like both are spinning???

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
It doesn't always happen. I guess your rear end is more worn out than his. Typically you get a right rear spinning and a left front spinning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts