Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone feels about some different bullet and round mufflers, like the MagnaFlow 5" and 6" round mufflers, Borla XR-1 Sportsman, the SLP Loud Mouth II mufflers, DynoMax Race Bullet, any others...

On the same token, what about x-pipe mufflers, like the MagnaFlow Tru-X and DynoMax Ultra Flo X?

I'm trying to take sound and performance into account. I have 3" straight pipes right now, which is obnoxious and too poppy for my taste, so I need a nice muffler(s) to tone it down, but with minimal restriction, so I'm looking for straight-through design, but I don't want it to sound horrible. I've got a friend with a Camaro SS with some bolt-ons, including LTs, and he has SLP Loud Mouth II mufflers on it and it sounds horrible to my ears. Just wondering if anyone has experimented with any of these, and their thoughts. I know the MagnaFlow round mufflers were popular a little while back...

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
my roommate has LTs and loud mouth IIs on his mach one sounds like dick as well....

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I have a SW LT's with high-flow cats, magna flow x-pipe, magna flow round mufflers, stock resonators, and 5" tips.....I'm pretty happy with the sound of my Jeep

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You remember which size round MagnaFlows you have? 5" 6" 7"?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a SW LT's with high-flow cats, magna flow x-pipe, magna flow round mufflers, stock resonators, and 5" tips.....I'm pretty happy with the sound of my Jeep
Do you have any sound clips?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder how drastic of a difference there could be between the different diameters. I'm guessing the larger the diameter the more insulation, the deeper the tone?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
2 short sound clips, both are before the x-pipe...so its the LT's, cutouts, magna flows, stock resos, and the 5" tips. The clips are in the video folder.

http://gallery.me.com/erkaz

Reactions: jkalbin

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Back when I ran the same mufflers as ekaz on the stock exhaust and had stock exhaust manifolds. I did not have an x-pipe at the time, but I would recommend one.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
2 short sound clips, both are before the x-pipe...so its the LT's, cutouts, magna flows, stock resos, and the 5" tips. The clips are in the video folder.

http://gallery.me.com/erkaz
Hey ekaz, how much did the x-pipe help? I have the same setup and am contemplating adding one.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
x pipe is a must if you have removed the stock muffler and are running true duals. magnaflow makes a nice 3" x pipe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts