Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on us building a budget crate motor that looks like this.

387 cubes
Forged 3.70" Crank
Scat I-Beam Rods
Custom Manley Pistons
Total Seal Rings
Clevite Main/Rod Bearings
Durabond Cam Bearings
Custom Billet Camshaft
Apache oem Heads
Cometic Head Gaskets
Oem Head Bolts

This would be a $7000 crate motor. Just add oil pan, timing cover, exhaust headers, and tb and your ready to go. There are no core charges and if you want to send your heads/block back we will give you $1600 for the cores which makes the cost $5600. Whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT product to offer. Would the rods/pistons be forged?

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Great idea, Andy! Sounds like you're looking to capitalize on the rash of recent oil-depleted 6.1L blocks, huh? ;)

If you decide to pull the trigger on this offer, make sure you have some ready to roll! At a little over $5K for a complete longblock (minus the core), I have a feeling these will sell awful quick. Are you planning to offer different compression ratings to accommodate those looking to stay N/A, as well as for boosted applications?

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the pistons being custom, we can do any compression desired. Probably stick with 10:1 so it can be run NA like a stock motor and it can handle 10psi.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sounds like a good deal...is that 750whp or crank? Any customers running around w/ this setup now,,,keoni? what crank, pistons, rods, bearings, bottem end i guess im getting at?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Sounds like a good deal...is that 750whp or crank? Any customers running around w/ this setup now,,,keoni? what crank, pistons, rods, bearings, bottem end i guess im getting at?
I think thats 750hp capable with FI not NA

What hp do you think you will see NA with this set up?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Yea I was refferimg to how much hp then engine can handle boosted, he didn't say if it was 750 crank or at the wheel. If it was crank that's only about 600-650whp and I will be pushing more then that.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Yea I was refferimg to how much hp then engine can handle boosted, he didn't say if it was 750 crank or at the wheel. If it was crank that's only about 600-650whp and I will be pushing more then that.
We've already determined that the stock motor can handle that :) this motor would handle 750whp with ease. That's definitely a conservative number.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whp.

I just created this yesterday, no one is currently running this especially not Keoni. Crank, rods, pistons, bearings are all listed in the original post.

It depends on the camshaft, but I would say 500rwhp/450rwtq is not out of the question.

We've already determined that the stock motor can handle that :) this motor would handle 750whp with ease. That's definitely a conservative number.

ding ding ding we have a winner. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts