Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two front caliper clear coat started to peel off when shooting it with water ..when cleaning my wheels..damm..is this covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Damn that sux bro... did you wash them with any kind of heavy degreaser/cleaner or something? Wonder if there is a "Brembo Red" touch up paint?? I am also in need as I have a few big chips in my front calipers....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you spray them with wheel cleaner or anything while they were hot? i've only had my jeep since April, but mine look the same as the day I got them, although I'm a freak and periodically take the wheel off to clean them and put a coat of wax on them.

I'd definitely go to the dealer about it either way and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Happened on my 2010, now my 2012... always use a ph balanced cleaner when calipers are cool, started about two months ago.

Sucks, but doubt warranty would cover it.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
+1, glad they took care of ya. Proper.

·
Registered
400 Posts
good to hear. You'll be back to do it again, so keep an eye on them. The clear is of low quality, and seems to be extremely susceptible to chemicals of many kinds. They're not like the aftermarket Brembo units, which all in all are of a much higher quality....from the materials to craftsmanship to coating(powdercoated, also with a powder clear). Nonetheless, when you get out of warranty timeframe, you can get custom with them and use much higher quality product to refinish them yourself, or even get them powdercoated.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Anyone willing to help me out with providing proof of the repair? I've been told by my dealership that not only is it not covered, that Chrysler has not warrantied this for anyone globally.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shoot me your email address and I will scan & email my paperwork. Just had my driver's front caliper replaced under warranty a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys!

I need help with this. My SRT is having the same issue on 3 out of 4 calipers and the dealership is not taking responsibility. Can someone share with me any proof that the warranty covered this issue?

I'd appreciated it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Same here on my fronts- very disappointed in the quality issues that are popping up all over a 70k truck....FCA, what do you expect I guess

1 - 20 of 61 Posts