Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2018 GC SRT with about 22K miles. Back story when i got the car from the dealer the brakes needed service. Dealership order and install oem new rear rotor and pads and just pad for the fronts, that was the deal included with the purchase. Dealer said the front rotor did not need service at the moment go figure. Now I think i need new front rotors, judging from the slotted lines from the rotor its pretty much worn down. I have the factory 2 piece brake package. I wanted to stay with that setup, Which would you guys recommend? stay with Oem or RB or DBA?

Anyone know how much does OEM 2 piece rotors cost?
The RB 2 piece looks good but kind of expensive at a cost of $1400
What do you guy think of the DBA 5000 T3 2 piece? Are these any good? I can get these for a little under $1000
In the future Can i just order the DBA outer ring instead of the whole 2 piece rotor?

Would the DBA be okay to use and match up with my stock pads that was installed by the dealer 3k miles ago?

·
-------------------------
124 Posts
I can vouch for RB. I have the full 2-piece rotor/pad kit for all 4 ($2500 - 3 years ago from Solis) on my SRT. Definitely worth every penny, in my opinion. I now have almost 30k miles on them and they still perform and look like new. Oh and fyi, I drive aggressively (it's hard not to with an SRT). Best aftermarket brake package I've ever experienced.....ever.

Reactions: pnut

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Another vote for the RB’s. DriverDave’s post sold me on them and now it seem he and are are huge RB fanboys.

My stock Brembos only lasted 15k mile. I replaced all for corners with RB 2-piece for less than JUST the factory fronts. Ive put about 25k miles on the RB’s And the pads still have about 60-75% material on them. RB also sells replacement steel rings so when it comes time for your next brake job, it won’t cost as much.

I picked up my RB’s directly from their warehouse since it’s only about 20 minutes from my house.

Quick tip with ANY 2-piece rotors... before installing them, get a marker and put witness marks across the retaining screws and bolts. That way, you can quickly see if any of the fasteners are coming loose. It’s not necessay but It’s cheap insurance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can vouch for RB. I have the full 2-piece rotor/pad kit for all 4 ($2500 - 3 years ago from Solis) on my SRT. Definitely worth every penny, in my opinion. I now have almost 30k miles on them and they still perform and look like new. Oh and fyi, I drive aggressively (it's hard not to with an SRT). Best aftermarket brake package I've ever experienced.....ever.
Do they squeal? And how is the brake dust?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts