Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a set of EBC turbo grooved disks and yellow stuff pads fitted all round on my Jeep but the rear right is really vibrating, it only seems to be when i turn right and the weight transfer is on the left side and when i go over drain covers etc. It feels like the brake is binding too. Is it just a bedding in problem or a fitting problem as it wasn't there before? Also the dealer has chipped the crap out of the calipers getting the pins out :eek: Big lumps of paint missing and bloody great scratches and grooves in them :eek: Someone is going to get a mouthfull when they open again tomorrow that's for sure!

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
Well bring it back and tell them. Those pads are horrible though. I will never use them again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll be back first thing in the morning. Can't believe how shite those pads are. Looks like the grooves are getting stuffed up with brake deposits. Will be getting them out asap.

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
They are race pads and need to be heated up for full effect.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not according to EBC website, says they are for road and track and work from cold.

EBC Yellowstuff is an aramid fibre based brake compound with high brake effect form cold and is possibly one of the first ever compounds that can be used for STREET AND TRACK DRIVING. These pads do not require warm up but do get even stronger under the heat of hard driving

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
Not according to EBC website, says they are for road and track and work from cold.

EBC Yellowstuff is an aramid fibre based brake compound with high brake effect form cold and is possibly one of the first ever compounds that can be used for STREET AND TRACK DRIVING. These pads do not require warm up but do get even stronger under the heat of hard driving
They still suck and wear out fast and isn't the last sentence on par with what I said?

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
I recommend StopTech. R1Concepts or DRT on the forum sell them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just took the Jeep for a fast twisty lane run.OMG they are terrible! First corner was ok but after about 10 of hard braking they fade really really bad and feel like they are grabbing the disks when you release the peddle. Stamped on them for 5 or more hard throttle+ hard braking and the peddle nearly hits the floor what a croc of shite they are, didn't even get the ABS working either. Can't trust these for assured braking that's for sure. Will look atthe one's you recommend but trying to get parts for the SRT8 in the UK is like trying to get blood from a stone!

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
If your pedal is going to the floor you may need to change your brake fluid because the factory stuff isn't that good.

I am sure R1concepts can help you out. PM them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not going right to the floor but it feels like it goes a long way. I don't know how long you are meant to give the disks and pads to wear it? Only been on for 6 miles town driving and about 5 of hard driving just now so probably need bedding in more before i change them. Looking at supply in the UK i can either get Mintex or EBC! Looks like Mintex then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took the Jeep back to the brake fitter yesterday. Took them all off again and re fitted them. Solved the problem but now i got brake squeal BIG time!! I can't end any performance pads over here so going to install a set of OE pads. Can't put up with the squealing any longer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts