Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently bought an 07 GC SRT8 and I know it needs new struts in the front but I can't seem to find anything about struts for the SRT. I searched the forum and seemed to hit a dead end. I know about the coil overs but I'd rather just go with the stock struts and also not go through a dealer if possible. So...doI have to go through the dealer or does anyone know who sells replacement ones?? Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM is your only option for the front. If you want rear you can get some QA1 adjustable ones from Harrison at stage 6 on here.

Jim
Thanks Jim. The rears seem fine, the fronts are gone, they must have been leaking for some time now. I searched the bilstien part # but it can't be found. I just need to know if I HAVE to go to a dealer.( I'd rather not)

Thanks,

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Thanks Jim. The rears seem fine, the fronts are gone, they must have been leaking for some time now. I searched the bilstien part # but it can't be found. I just need to know if I HAVE to go to a dealer.( I'd rather not)

Thanks,

Gotcha covered homey. ;) No stealership for you.

Item #10 $177.00 each

http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/pa...teid=214583&vehicleid=1434483&diagram=T048060

Need an installer? My buddy has a shop here in Billerica. He did my Bwoody springs, sway bar links, and Addco swaybars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha covered homey. ;) No stealership for you.

Item #10 $177.00 each

http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/pa...teid=214583&vehicleid=1434483&diagram=T048060

Need an installer? My buddy has a shop here in Billerica. He did my Bwoody springs, sway bar links, and Addco swaybars.
You da man!! Thanks!! I was on the jeep site last night and I saw two different parts, two different prices, I saw which was for the SRT and what wasn't, needless to say I was going crazy!! I saw a thread too where you took pictures, so I went and looked at mine and the parts # is not listed. You just saved me one big headache, I really appreciate it.

What shop, where is it in Billerica? I'm not sure if I'll need him, but it might not be a bad idea as long as he won't over charge me! Lol

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
You da man!! Thanks!! I was on the jeep site last night and I saw two different parts, two different prices, I saw which was for the SRT and what wasn't, needless to say I was going crazy!! I saw a thread too where you took pictures, so I went and looked at mine and the parts # is not listed. You just saved me one big headache, I really appreciate it.

What shop, where is it in Billerica? I'm not sure if I'll need him, but it might not be a bad idea as long as he won't over charge me! Lol

Thanks, Eric
For the same price as OEM or a little discount thrown in there?! Haha

Check with Harrison too, he may be able to get them a few bucks cheaper.
R&D Custom Exhaust, my friend Rick is the owner. They specialize in exhaust, but he does all repairs as well. I use him for suspension, exhaust, and brake work. He won't overcharge you, it doesn't take that long to do the shocks. The biggest PITA is getting the fuse boxes out of the way. Call around and get some quotes, I'll see what he can do. I don't remember what he charged me, but we did a lot of other work at the same time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check with Harrison too, he may be able to get them a few bucks cheaper.
R&D Custom Exhaust, my friend Rick is the owner. They specialize in exhaust, but he does all repairs as well. I use him for suspension, exhaust, and brake work. He won't overcharge you, it doesn't take that long to do the shocks. The biggest PITA is getting the fuse boxes out of the way. Call around and get some quotes, I'll see what he can do. I don't remember what he charged me, but we did a lot of other work at the same time.
Thats even better for me seeing I have stock exhaust and looking to change it up. I will see about the shocks and get everything together, then if I decide I don't want to do it myself maybe Ill just bring it to him and do both at the same time. Ill let you know when I get the shocks. Thanks for the help Stangslayer!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Bought my Bilsteins online to save a little. Still had to pay 624.00 for labor to have both front one's replaced at the dealer. That included an 80.00 all wheel alignment check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.