Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got rear ended a couple of weeks ago and the drivers exhaust took the hit. Insurance has allowed 1k for the replacement. Hadn't thought about it before the accident but I'd like to change the tone a bit. I know there won't be performance increases out of the axle back, which is fine. It's quick enough as is. I looked at cat back systems but it seems like every single one of them has issues w/ drone unless you want to spend 3k and I really don't. Anyone have experience w/ the s-type axle back? More or less, should I bother? Is it stupid loud on a 2015? Does it drone like crazy? Should I just stay stock? Thanks for the input

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the catback ATAK and love it. There is some drone when in auto but it does not bother me. and most times I do not even notice it. If you are worried about drone and noise do not change your pipes. You can always do a res delete if you want it a little louder for much cheaper. Solo has pipes that just came out that is at the 1000 range, you can check with the folks putting them on.

Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found the stock exhaust too quiet and wanted more noise, but not crazy loud. I ended up purchasing the S-type axle back for my 2015, it's noticeably louder than stock, not sure how to really explain it but i guess I would say its overall 30% louder.... There is slight droning on highway drives when the cylinders de-activiate though, I mean even on the stock system you can hear it so with the exhaust it's amplified. Overall, I'm very happy with it, its not unbearable by any means.

Not my video, but gives you an idea of the startup noise & helped me make my decision.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry my S-Type sold before you saw it, but like others said, it is a slight, but noticeable increase in loudness over stock. Any minimal drone in 8th is due to the MDS and a quick flip of the shifter to Sport on the highway does away with it. It is not drone per se, just a much deeper tone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found the stock exhaust too quiet and wanted more noise, but not crazy loud. I ended up purchasing the S-type axle back for my 2015, it's noticeably louder than stock, not sure how to really explain it but i guess I would say its overall 30% louder.... There is slight droning on highway drives when the cylinders de-activiate though, I mean even on the stock system you can hear it so with the exhaust it's amplified. Overall, I'm very happy with it, its not unbearable by any means.

Not my video, but gives you an idea of the startup noise & helped me make my decision.

Do these fit the jeep srt 2018 model by chance.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah but it does say till

It says for 2012 to 2014 mine is 2018 is the system the same set up etc sorry just need full clarification or if anyone has it on anything up 2015 looks good but
They're the same exhaust.
The only difference is the flapper valves.
You can pin them open with a 1/8" screw if they rattle or you want it slightly louder on part throttle acceleration.
They don't cause any install issues.
You cut your exhaust to fit the S pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts