Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm about to order one of these systems but wanted an honest opinion of the cabin noise level on a long trip? I don't really want to put one on if it's likely to do my head in on motorway/dual trips. Your opinions would be great chaps!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All sorted Skip. Borla UK depot is about an hour away from me and they can get it in for me inc shipping etc for a reasonable price plus my brother fits tyres and exhausts in the same town so even better!
As for taking the wife & kids with me Jay, No kids & the wife will be fine. She loved my AC Cobra with loud pipes and the roof off so at least the Jeep has roof,doors,windows and a stereo to help drown it out or she can get the bus lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Get it if you don't mind drone, if you do get the Corsa.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use the Jeep for 3 hour drives on the highway sitting at 75/80 mph so probably right in the drone zone! The Corsa is about $500 more expensive than the Borla, either that or i get the quieter version of the Borla?

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you're taking the wife and kids with you, they will complain.

Had my SRT for 2 days now and the wife HATES the Borla s. Mine has the front resonators deleted. Drone is pretty bad at 20-40mph but its nice at cruising speed. I dont know W.T.F to do with mine but I gotta please the wife. So mine may be going up for sale.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Had my SRT for 2 days now and the wife HATES the Borla s. Mine has the front resonators deleted. Drone is pretty bad at 20-40mph but its nice at cruising speed. I dont know W.T.F to do with mine but I gotta please the wife. So mine may be going up for sale.
Sounds like someone removed the mufflers instead of the resonators.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've noticed that with my Borla-s it took a little bit for the exhaust to break in and the drone to really come on. Like mentioned before its worse in the earlier gears during those few seconds where the RPM's are at a steady rate and the transmission shifts. At cruising speed the drone is there but you get used to it and it really doesn't bother me at all. When people are in the car with me they comment on it but i've never had any extremely negative things said about it. It's really all personal preference but it DOES sound absolutely amazing hearing it outside of the car!

·
Registered
611 Posts
It's really all personal preference but it DOES sound absolutely amazing hearing it outside of the car!

Absolutely, its sounds beastly.

You think I can mount a Magnaflow (part #12599) muffler to the Borla sysem to lessen the drone?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sounds like someone removed the mufflers instead of the resonators.
It comes with 4. Previous owner removed the front two. Replaced with striaght pipe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love mine, have been to and from Florida in it at 70/80 cruising and I don’t think the drone is bad at all (I love the drone) its more noticeable at certain RPMs at lower speeds intermittently but when you’re going that fast on the highway with all the wind and road noise and radio on its not bad at all and in fact I already want it louder but I’m also not married and my kids are grown so they love it, but I’ve never had a women that has been in it with me complain even when I nail it and try to scare them on the highway lol
And its been said, but yes like most things, its all personal preference, what may be too loud for someone is music so someone else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
^+1 for sure. All about preference, but I can tell you I have no drone at 75-80 as that is my cruising speed when I drive 50 miles for work each day. I only notice drone around town at about 2k rpm and actually had to ask my wife if she noticed it after about a week of having it. She doesn't mind it and she's not a big car fan. She just knows she loves the SRT better than the STi! Me too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.