Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wanted to get your guy's opinion on the next exhaust I should get. I have a 2017 SRT with Borla Atak full catback but recently got rear ended and need to switch out the exhaust. The borla atak was nice but its starting to get a bit too loud for me as a daily driver. I know the GThaus is louder with the flaps open but was wondering how quiet it is with the flaps closed. Also anyone have experience with Corsa? Is it fairly tame driving normally ?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Have you thought about the Borla S Type? It slightly louder than stock at idle and average driving, but really wakes up when you get on it. I haven’t been able to compare mine with other systems, but from what I’ve heard, the difference between the ATAK and the S is that the ATAK is raspier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you thought about the Borla S Type? It slightly louder than stock at idle and average driving, but really wakes up when you get on it. I haven’t been able to compare mine with other systems, but from what I’ve heard, the difference between the ATAK and the S is that the ATAK is raspier.
I've heard the S axle back in person and didn't like the sound. Not sure how much of a difference the catback would be from axle back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AFe on my ‘15 sounds great. Forget the part number but it was designed to be used with the stock tips, maintaining a discrete look. Cold starts shake my garage, warm idle is a bit louder than stock, reallll throaty when you get on it, but doesn’t really drone while cruising (I always drive in sport to keep MDS off).

Clip from YouTube

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Corsa. It is fairly quiet with normal driving and has pretty good volume when you drive hard. No drone on the highway.
I should also add that the Corsa came on the Jeep when I bought it. If I were to buy one I would have went S type or maybe Solo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went with Corsa full catback and a AFE intake. Will probably all be on next week so I'll report back on how it sounds. The Borla Atak had a nice sound but was looking for something a tad bit quieter and wanted to try something new.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update after install. Corsa exhaust is MUCH quieter than the borla atak. It’s exactly what I was looking for. A bit louder than stock and gives a nice roar with wot. I’m not sure if it’s in my head but my throttle feels a bit “light”. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone. Also I started my car and gave a couple revs for a friend to hear and the rpm was laggy to drop down. I would rev and the rpms goes up but when I get off the throttle the needle lags to go back down to 1. The air intake is new to me but does anyone know why this is happening?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I wannna say it’s an intake , Mai Sens , throttle body Thing after Cai install.. take’s a lil bit for it to recalibrate and adjust to new setup. Mine did it to in beginning for a lil bit too!
same thing happened w my Z06 after a ported Tb , Catless X Pipe , afe Cai install

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Corsa. It is fairly quiet with normal driving and has pretty good volume when you drive hard. No drone on the highway.
Hey there ! You own the sport ? I can't decide the sport or extreme , I don't want to get to be disappointed if I get the sport...I'm looking for something perhaps about twice as loud as stock..maybe a little more. Would you say it got a somewhat deep tone ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just an update after install. Corsa exhaust is MUCH quieter than the borla atak. It’s exactly what I was looking for. A bit louder than stock and gives a nice roar with wot. I’m not sure if it’s in my head but my throttle feels a bit “light”. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone. Also I started my car and gave a couple revs for a friend to hear and the rpm was laggy to drop down. I would rev and the rpms goes up but when I get off the throttle the needle lags to go back down to 1. The air intake is new to me but does anyone know why this is happening?
Hey man ! Loud enough for you or you would've accepted louder? I'm deciding between the sport corsa or solo here...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I wanted to get your guy's opinion on the next exhaust I should get. I have a 2017 SRT with Borla Atak full catback but recently got rear ended and need to switch out the exhaust. The borla atak was nice but its starting to get a bit too loud for me as a daily driver. I know the GThaus is louder with the flaps open but was wondering how quiet it is with the flaps closed. Also anyone have experience with Corsa? Is it fairly tame driving normally ?
I have the GT Haus system on my Jeep, absolutely love it. Sounds insane with valves open and makes some nice pops on decel. With valves closed it's very tame.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts